I've been doing Darkhorse for the last week about every other day. Did the 30 minute intermediate and it kicked my butt.

Today, I did 2.25 miles on the treadmill with one minute intervals of running at a 10 minute pace, then back down to get the heart rate - At 67, the heart going at 150 is my limit. I did a 7 minute warmup and then a long cool down to go 38 minutes.
Atta boy!! 🔥👍👊

5k Monday row felt great! Now let’s go eat some BBQ (in moderation)! 😎

Got back at it tonight after being out of town for about a week. Got 8,300m in but it was a struggle at the end

5k Monday row is in the books … LFG!

Early start to the new week. 5k Monday row done on Sunday! Since starting in February, my body weight has gone from 212 lbs. to 189 lbs. I like it!

5F848B59-04D6-4ADC-BEE8-6E741F56812C.jpeg

5k Monday row is in the books! Now ready for the 100+ degree heat index this week.

New 5k PB time by 3 seconds. WOO!!

DEA73E94-2FBA-40F1-BBFF-E3FB43D1B6B6.jpeg

Great Job! Man, I've been a bum the last week.... I've got to get re-energized...
I hear ya! It's easy to take some days off -- and probably necessary at times to let the body recover. And, it's hard some days to find energy with this suffocating heat and humidity.

But, man, it feels great to hit new record times!

I hear ya! It's easy to take some days off -- and probably necessary at times to let the body recover. And, it's hard some days to find energy with this suffocating heat and humidity.

But, man, it feels great to hit new record times!
Welp, I couldn’t let myself sit out another day with @Puttmaster throwing down PB’s. 20 min / 4300M row to get the routine back on track.

Thanks for the motivation!

Welp, I couldn’t let myself sit out another day with @Puttmaster throwing down PB’s. 20 min / 4300M row to get the routine back on track.

Thanks for the motivation!
Way to go! 👍 Welcome back!

Three rowing sessions this week — two @ 5k and one at 2.5k along with weights/stretching routine.

I need to get back on the rower. It's been months since it's been used.

I've tried to get into running numerous times and it's not my thing...
Any suggestions on a decent rower?

A while back, I was intrigued by the WaterRower and figured "hey, if i can't be ON the water, i can at least watch it spin around the container that helps provide resistance"
Anyhow.... thanks for any suggestions on a decent machine...

Not really on topic but a crazy video popped up in my feed today of a race of 4-person rowboats across the Atlantic. The group I watched was 4 women. 6 weeks of rowing 12 hours a day in 2 hours on, 2 hours off shifts.

Absolutely crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried to get into running numerous times and it's not my thing...
Any suggestions on a decent rower?

A while back, I was intrigued by the WaterRower and figured "hey, if i can't be ON the water, i can at least watch it spin around the container that helps provide resistance"
Anyhow.... thanks for any suggestions on a decent machine...
Although I use a water-resistance LifeFitness rowing machine at my golf club's fitness center, which is in easy walking distance and helps me to justify the monthly dues, if I were buying one I'd buy the rowing world standard :

https://shop.concept2.com/indoor-ro...C0Gq6lSTpeGrY_QxkUFi0b7hf1dnC5EgaAsYdEALw_wcB

Back at it this week after falling into a rut. Averaged about 7600M per day 79BF82B6-13A8-4EF2-A4F2-C2A4CE28A973.jpeg

Concept2 is where I wound up primarily due to it essentially being the standard bearer. I found a slightly used machine in great shape. Given the resale value of the concept2, I felt like it was easy to justify the investment as there is no doubt I could resale today for what I have in it.

I’ve heard great things about the hydros but have no first hand experience.

Although I use a water-resistance LifeFitness rowing machine at my golf club's fitness center, which is in easy walking distance and helps me to justify the monthly dues, if I were buying one I'd buy the rowing world standard :

https://shop.concept2.com/indoor-ro...C0Gq6lSTpeGrY_QxkUFi0b7hf1dnC5EgaAsYdEALw_wcB

Trying to keep up with you!

Some days definitely easier than others haha. It’s crazier how much better I feel overall when being consistent as I generally have more energy throughout the day and sleep better at night. Being consistent has been the key for me.

Here ya go, @Cmontgomery … new 5k PB time by 26 seconds. Thanks for the motivation. 👊

8377BFD8-A3AC-4944-83BE-9EE845A524E8.jpeg

Thursday 5k … Broke the 23 minute mark for the first time!

A5BFA59C-CBC6-4F2B-A334-EB12D34EB084.jpeg

Killed it this afternoon.

1100M warm up, followed up with my typical 28 min row and got a cool 6000M in. Felt so good that I hit the just row button and got another 3700M in. All with an average of 2:19.

Man that felt like an incredible row and way better than my others this week as they were a struggle. Those are the ones that remind you how much you enjoy it…. Almost 11000M for the day feels good

Killed it this afternoon.

1100M warm up, followed up with my typical 28 min row and got a cool 6000M in. Felt so good that I hit the just row button and got another 3700M in. All with an average of 2:19.

Man that felt like an incredible row and way better than my others this week as they were a struggle. Those are the ones that remind you how much you enjoy it…. Almost 11000M for the day feels good
Salute! (y)

Back