Indoor vs Outdoor iron fitting

Sooner21

I miss football
Reaction score
Handicap
The only true fittings I have access to are indoors. I know it's better than nothing, but would it be more beneficial to just find as many demo days as possible, and utilize Mizuno's shaft optimizer? I would hate to pay for a fitting and order clubs only to find out the turf interaction isn't for me.

Personally I prefer outdoor fittings so I can see the ball flight. I don't think turf interaction plays much of a role as I hit off mats anyways, the ball just flew outdoors. Thats not to say you can't get a proper fitting indoors. Places like Club Champion do a fantastic job. Its just personal preference and more about the knowledge/quality of the fitter in my opinion.

The only true fittings I have access to are indoors. I know it's better than nothing, but would it be more beneficial to just find as many demo days as possible, and utilize Mizuno's shaft optimizer? I would hate to pay for a fitting and order clubs only to find out the turf interaction isn't for me.

I think indoor fitting could be a fun experience, but of little value to finding helpful club specifications.

Getting fit using a trackman, GCQuacd or other high end launch monitor is more important than being fit indoors or outdoors IMHO. That way you are getting quantative data from different combos than subjective data by just watching ball flight.

Getting fit using a trackman, GCQuacd or other high end launch monitor is more important than being fit indoors or outdoors IMHO. That way you are getting quantative data from different combos than subjective data by just watching ball flight.
The only place around me that does fittings is inside and uses a Trackman. I'm thinking I should do it even if it only narrows down the top shafts I should be playing.

I did indoor fitting in December last year and they used the shaft optimizer with no issues. I haven't had any issues at all with turf interaction on my Hot metals.

I was recently fit both ways? I say it like that, because I was hitting off a mat, utilizing GCquad and mizuno swing optimizer, but hitting from a building with multiple roll up doors, to a range...pretty nice setup.

It was nice to see the ball flight, but realistically you're looking at the quantitative data, AoA and all the speeds, clubface open/closed, contact, etc.

Back