Industry standard for club fitting

China Cat>Rider

Dazed & Cornfused
Reaction score
Is there one? I plan on getting fitted soon as I'm ready to purchase new irons. I was looking at several fitting charts online just to get an idea. Most seem to measure from the wrist to floor but one said to measure from the middle knuckle when making a fist to the floor. All of them gave me slightly different results for club length and lie. some were saying I need standard length...others said I need 1/4-1/2" less and anywhere from standard lie to 2 degrees.

Do different fitters use different systems for fitting or is there an industry standard that everyone adhers to?

Is there one? I plan on getting fitted soon as I'm ready to purchase new irons. I was looking at several fitting charts online just to get an idea. Most seem to measure from the wrist to floor but one said to measure from the middle knuckle when making a fist to the floor. All of them gave me slightly different results for club length and lie. some were saying I need standard length...others said I need 1/4-1/2" less and anywhere from standard lie to 2 degrees.

Do different fitters use different systems for fitting or is there an industry standard that everyone adhers to?

Fitting is a unique art and there really is not an industry standard because most equipment companies and shafts do not have an industry standard. However most use the same or similar techniques to fit. Comparing GolfTec, TMPL, and others, all different technologies are used.

so since everyone is using different technology is it theoretically possible that a fitting with different companies could produce different results?

so since everyone is using different technology is it theoretically possible that a fitting with different companies could produce different results?

Its possible, but unlikely.

Is measuring from the wrist to the ground the most common way? If I want Callaway irons should I get measured by a callaway fitter as apposed to Ping, TM, etc? The guy I was planning on using does wishon clubs only so would his fitting results differ if I wanted Callaways?

Back