Inioch's looong road to the Morgan Cup '24

After six months of not updating this thread, I think it's high time, now that the Morgan Cup signups are officially closed and we're 165 days from go time. So let's break down what's happened and what I plan on doing. We moved to a small island in the middle of the sea in August 2023, so that plays into my prep time and plans. This is where home is:
View attachment 9257356

Wintertime:
  • I spent most of my winter (Oct-Mar) working from London, so less sim and training time than I'd planned to have. I did play 10-15 sim rounds and trained a few more times. The swing still feels like it's in a better place than at the start of any season so far.
  • Equipment wise I got fitted for the driver and ended up with an X, heavy weight in the back, turned up +1 and Hzrdus Silver 60S -0.5". Being an internet golfer, I have a LinQ Red TSPX 7F4 coming so I can have a go with it.
  • A lot of thoughts, dreams and hopes for the Morgan Cup daily.
  • I started doing the SuperSpeed protocols a few weeks ago, but my life on the island and on the mainland is proving difficult for keeping a consistent rhythm for training. Will do better, I promised that to myself. Started from 96-98 mph region. Hoping to go to 105-110 region by the end of summer.
Spring:
  • My home course has started to open up and hoping to get a first round in there on Saturday.
  • I purchased a share for the course and it gives me unlimited golf there. It also gives me the chance to play 7 times each on 26 different courses, most of which are easily accessible. The limiting factors will be time home on the island and weather.
  • I entered my first competition for May Day, it'll be a three man scramble. Competing is something I plan on doing a lot this summer and will sign up for any local and workplace competition rounds I can.
  • I'll take at least a couple of wedges home to the island to be able to practice chipping and pitching while there.
  • I've talked with my last years coach and I'm looking at going to him for a lesson at least 1/mo, but more if needed.
  • Equipment orders in!!!
  • Test and figure out the ball to play.
  • Hopefully a trip to play in the AZTHP championship next month.
Summer:
  • Play and practice as much as I can. The good thing with living there and working on the mainland is that when I'm not at work, I can do what I want. So a lot of rounds and practice time on the days I'm on the mainland.
  • Continue with the lessons.
  • Live post rounds!
  • Review the heck out of the new clubs when they arrive. I want to get settled on a ball for the year as soon as possible to keep that portion constant. But if performance requires with the new clubs, also do a new round of ball tests to see what's the best for me.
  • Get to know the team.
Fall:
  • Final tune up time. Play and practice especially driving and short game to be able to get off the tee as well as scramble in unfamiliar conditions.
  • HCP target is 15, starting the season as 20.1. Anything below 15 will be great, but that's the goal at this point.
  • Enjoy life, golf and the fact that the Morgan Cup will be upon us!
  • Get as much of a trip out if as I can. Not promising a weeks long coast to coast, but I do want to get in a couple of stops before the MC.
  • Win the Morgan Cup.
  • Continue to enjoy the rest of the season.
A lot of plans and things, but this thread and posts also serve to keep myself accountable for doing what I can to be ready come game time.

I'm super pumped to soon hear who my team mates and opponents are going to be! I know how much of a cliché it is, but not a day goes by that I don't think about the Morgan Cup and something related to it.
I love this! If you end up making it out for the AZ THP team event in May, let me know and I’ll come be your partner if you need one. I wasn’t planning on making it out for that but I’ll make it work somehow.

I love this! If you end up making it out for the AZ THP team event in May, let me know and I’ll come be your partner if you need one. I wasn’t planning on making it out for that but I’ll make it work somehow.
Thanks a lot! I'll know in about a week if my employer decides to stiff my schedule.

In other news, booked tee times for sat/sun/mon/tue. It's on!

After six months of not updating this thread, I think it's high time, now that the Morgan Cup signups are officially closed and we're 165 days from go time. So let's break down what's happened and what I plan on doing. We moved to a small island in the middle of the sea in August 2023, so that plays into my prep time and plans. This is where home is:
View attachment 9257356

Wintertime:
  • I spent most of my winter (Oct-Mar) working from London, so less sim and training time than I'd planned to have. I did play 10-15 sim rounds and trained a few more times. The swing still feels like it's in a better place than at the start of any season so far.
  • Equipment wise I got fitted for the driver and ended up with an X, heavy weight in the back, turned up +1 and Hzrdus Silver 60S -0.5". Being an internet golfer, I have a LinQ Red TSPX 7F4 coming so I can have a go with it.
  • A lot of thoughts, dreams and hopes for the Morgan Cup daily.
  • I started doing the SuperSpeed protocols a few weeks ago, but my life on the island and on the mainland is proving difficult for keeping a consistent rhythm for training. Will do better, I promised that to myself. Started from 96-98 mph region. Hoping to go to 105-110 region by the end of summer.
Spring:
  • My home course has started to open up and hoping to get a first round in there on Saturday.
  • I purchased a share for the course and it gives me unlimited golf there. It also gives me the chance to play 7 times each on 26 different courses, most of which are easily accessible. The limiting factors will be time home on the island and weather.
  • I entered my first competition for May Day, it'll be a three man scramble. Competing is something I plan on doing a lot this summer and will sign up for any local and workplace competition rounds I can.
  • I'll take at least a couple of wedges home to the island to be able to practice chipping and pitching while there.
  • I've talked with my last years coach and I'm looking at going to him for a lesson at least 1/mo, but more if needed.
  • Equipment orders in!!!
  • Test and figure out the ball to play.
  • Hopefully a trip to play in the AZTHP championship next month.
Summer:
  • Play and practice as much as I can. The good thing with living there and working on the mainland is that when I'm not at work, I can do what I want. So a lot of rounds and practice time on the days I'm on the mainland.
  • Continue with the lessons.
  • Live post rounds!
  • Review the heck out of the new clubs when they arrive. I want to get settled on a ball for the year as soon as possible to keep that portion constant. But if performance requires with the new clubs, also do a new round of ball tests to see what's the best for me.
  • Get to know the team.
Fall:
  • Final tune up time. Play and practice especially driving and short game to be able to get off the tee as well as scramble in unfamiliar conditions.
  • HCP target is 15, starting the season as 20.1. Anything below 15 will be great, but that's the goal at this point.
  • Enjoy life, golf and the fact that the Morgan Cup will be upon us!
  • Get as much of a trip out if as I can. Not promising a weeks long coast to coast, but I do want to get in a couple of stops before the MC.
  • Win the Morgan Cup.
  • Continue to enjoy the rest of the season.
A lot of plans and things, but this thread and posts also serve to keep myself accountable for doing what I can to be ready come game time.

I'm super pumped to soon hear who my team mates and opponents are going to be! I know how much of a cliché it is, but not a day goes by that I don't think about the Morgan Cup and something related to it.
Nice update, thanks for letting us in on your life a little bit

Back