Installed a new putting green yesterday.

Looks great! I agree the winters get pretty long up here in the northern hemisphere, should help with cabin fever!

Very cool setup. I am envious! :)

Incredible.
I especially like that it gives you breaking putts.
The real beneficiary...........your daughter. Golf and bonding with dad..........and a wry smile from mom!

That is sweet. No room in our house for something like that without removing The Wife's quilting machine ... and that's not going to happen. Count me amongst the envious.

Looks great. I saw one of these, used, on craigslist last year. They were asking a few hundred for it. Still kicking myself for not jumping on it before it sold.

That looks great. Now I have to convince the wife....This in her living room or one built in the backyard.

That looks fantastic! 2k is a bit pricey, but it has high quality written all over it and looks like it should last a long time.

Looks great Tahoebum!

How is the grass installed? It's the same consistency each time you put it down? Doesn't tear or anything like that right?

Sorry I've looked on the website but it doesn't talk about the carpet install part of it

The grass is super high quality indoor/outdoor carpeting and the interlocking base is a composite and Pro Putt approves it for outdoors. If it was in direct sunlight I'm sure it would fade/wear out over about 10 years but the carpet itself is not that expensive, maybe $350-$400. I had outdoor carpeting from a custom putting green company when I lived in California and this carpet looks like the same stuff. All nylon I would guess with a rubber backing. The carpet came rolled up had the holes pre-cut and simply rolled out flat in less than a minute. It putts consistent and true.

Last edited:
I envy your setup Tahoe.

I wasn't able to talk to the performance center guys before you pulled the trigger during your research, but it looks like you hit a home run.
I also can just imagine watching the golf channel with that TV placement while on your new putting green. Yes Sir!

Yes the other great thing is it is in our basement that is just a big rec/room kitchen, one bedroom, and a laundry room. The bedroom is my oldest daughters and she is away at college 9 months a year. That room that the putting greens sits in is basically my man cave. The only one that uses it heavily is my son with his Playstation set up on that 70" when he's home from college in the summer but he will love the putting green.

If it was our main family, living, or TV room, I would have never gotten permission to install it but in the basement I didn't even have to ask. I just told my wife after I ordered it and she wasn't a bit surprised because I had one in our last house.

That looks awesome!

That's a very nice setup. I'm interested in your long term feedback.

Hopefully, we won't move somewhere that I would need it but I'm keeping track of everyone's indoor golf solutions just in case.

That's a great addition! I'd love something like that in my garage.
I think not! I'm trying to figure a way to justify this in the living room we never use!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That's a very nice setup. I'm interested in your long term feedback.

Hopefully, we won't move somewhere that I would need it but I'm keeping track of everyone's indoor golf solutions just in case.

I lived in California for 20 years until last June and had and indoor putting green in my man cave that got used as much or more than the practice green at the private club where I was a member. The club was 450 yards from my house and I had a golf cart that got me there in less than 90 seconds. The indoor green at my old house I used a lot after dark especially during the short winter days. I had a couple buddies that would come over for Monday or Thursday Night Football almost every week and a putting contest and beer were always part of those fun nights. This one will obviously get more use with the golf season only being about 7 months here and the real value is it’s available anytime. Yesterday my daughter and I had a skins putting competition earlier in the day and I got another 20 minutes of practice in while waiting for my wife to get ready before we went out for dinner. My back doesn’t hold up to the 2+ hour putting sessions that were common in my youth but I have no problems with a couple 30 minute sessions each day. I also love that its very conducive to using any type of putting training aid such as a mirror, gate drills, chalk lines, etc.

I purchased a mat from Pro Putt last week based on how nice yours looks. It’s coming on Monday, can’t wait. So thanks for creating this thread tahoebum!

Wow, very nice!

#goals

^^^ @tahoebum how's the long term feedback on this?
I’m no TB, but I have this same green in my basement and I use it every day. I’d give it a solid 95/100 - it will occasionally need a reset with a vacuum but otherwise it’s great

What I noticed a long with the great putting surface is the direct great view to the TV. ;)

^^^ @tahoebum how's the long term feedback on this?

I still love it! It putts true and is still like new after lots of use. My putting is only marginally better but it may take a team of sports psychologists to help me!

Dang! That is awesome! Very nice job!

I still love it! It putts true and is still like new after lots of use. My putting is only marginally better but it may take a team of sports psychologists to help me!
Thanks! (You, too, @Molten )

After a fairly significant shift in my income, I think I've convinced MrsOG to let me putt (pun intended) one of these in the house. Time will tell, but it's looking good so far. Buhbhurdle is finding a good spot and arranging the area around it.

Back