Johnny Manziel and the PGA Tour

79-75 for Johnny. Better than most people were expecting I’m sure.
Honestly, it's about what I was expecting. Put up a couple good rounds for someone who isn't a professional and shows that he has no chance of being a Tour player. I'm glad he didn't embarrass himself or the tournament. He'll get a few more exemptions, I'm sure.

Didn’t do anything that half this place couldn’t do?

Cleveland fan so not a JF fan (I’m being nicer so there’s no 2 “F’s”). I see wasted talent all the time, no biggie, but dude was literally “Johnny Football”. Not “Johnny Golf”. Ha. 79/75, now granted I’d have to be playing well but my last 12 rounds, 7 of them have been sub 76. It’s not like I’m trying to get on tour, 🤣. I just wish I played somewhat consistent to my level. When it only factors in 40% of your counted rounds, that is within the blowup margin of error. I’m listed as a 4.7, hahaha. Most inconsistent ever. I’ve had two nines around 50 this year, 2 100 watch front nines-with a decent back to make them Ok’ish overall. And a +3 75 a day or two before I broke a 6 weeks off bone in my elbow. Found a little swing. Got a little hurt (one nothing to do with other). Out til almost end of August at best. Those 4 rounds have been great, 🤣.

Didn’t do anything that half this place couldn’t do?

Cleveland fan so not a JF fan (I’m being nicer so there’s no 2 “F’s”). I see wasted talent all the time, no biggie, but dude was literally “Johnny Football”. Not “Johnny Golf”. Ha. 79/75, now granted I’d have to be playing well but my last 12 rounds, 7 of them have been sub 76. It’s not like I’m trying to get on tour, 🤣. I just wish I played somewhat consistent to my level. When it only factors in 40% of your counted rounds, that is within the blowup margin of error. I’m listed as a 4.7, hahaha. Most inconsistent ever. I’ve had two nines around 50 this year, 2 100 watch front nines-with a decent back to make them Ok’ish overall. And a +3 75 a day or two before I broke a 6 weeks off bone in my elbow. Found a little swing. Got a little hurt (one nothing to do with other). Out til almost end of August at best. Those 4 rounds have been great, 🤣.
There is zero chance half the people on this forum are shooting 79-75 at the Texas state open lol

There is zero chance half the people on this forum are shooting 79-75 at the Texas state open lol
I could beat that score depending on when I WD from the event! 😆

Extreme long shot for anyone to play professional golf that did not compete as a junior extensively or play high level college golf.

He has no chance. I just played with a D2 player that played to a +2-3 and it was incredible to watch.

2 handicap and Tour aren’t even in the same Galaxy.
I practiced with an NHL team several times and that puts me closer to the pros in hockey than being a 2 does in the golf world.....

......and I had statistically zero shot.....

Seeing former NFL player Danny Woodhead in the US Open qualifier made me curious about Johnny Golfer's progress to becoming a Tour member... Anybody heard any updates since his next to last finish at the Texas State Open last year?

Seeing former NFL player Danny Woodhead in the US Open qualifier made me curious about Johnny Golfer's progress to becoming a Tour member... Anybody heard any updates since his next to last finish at the Texas State Open last year?

Had to have given up he’s playing in the fan controlled football league right now

Definitely, he could improve, but he’s 28, he’s not getting to +6 or better.
This. People highly underestimate how critical it is to start young when you have goals like this. Your brain and your body work and develop quite differently when you're 10 vs 30. But then not knowing his background, maybe he grew up playing golf, never really took it serious and is still scratch, in which case he has a better chance. If the goal is simply to qualify, it's not impossible IMO but once he realizes how much work is involved and how his life will need to be nothing but 100% golf for years and years he'll likely abandon that goal.

Seeing this thread is just a reminder of the cruelty of pro sports.

JFF is objectively a top 1% amateur golfer, and probably a top 0.1% quarterback (how many high schoolers go on to be 4 star recruits and start in the SEC?), but neither of those are good enough to make it as a pro athlete. Like others have said, his golf game isn't even close.

Back