Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Blue Raspberry

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Other - what did I forget?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None - they nasty (GG)

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
Ever notice how they don't taste anything like a banana though?

It's kind of like the flavor purple.
That's because the species of banana they flavored candy loosely off of the gros michael died off due to not being resistant to panama disease. Thus the Cavendish banana became the standard because it's resilient. You can find heirloom bananas that taste pretty close ( useless knowledge I have a crap ton of). It's not 100 percent the reason but it's basically the chemical that creates banana flavor is much higher in the old variety so it resembles it more closely. Still not a 100 percent match but it is closer and understandable why the flavor is so off from bananas now.

That's because the species of banana they flavored candy loosely off of the gros michael died off due to not being resistant to panama disease. Thus the Cavendish banana became the standard because it's resilient. You can find heirloom bananas that taste pretty close ( useless knowledge I have a crap ton of). It's not 100 percent the reason but it's basically the chemical that creates banana flavor is much higher in the old variety so it resembles it more closely. Still not a 100 percent match but it is closer and understandable why the flavor is so off from bananas now.
Very few people know that. I'm very surprised, I've heard that a few times throughout the years.

Now explain purple to me please.

Very few people know that. I'm very surprised, I've heard that a few times throughout the years.

Now explain purple to me please.
It just tastes good and kind of tastes like manachevitz wine aka Concord grape. I think that's the profile they are going for if I remember correctly is Concord grape which is what grape jelly tastes like so I can see some similarities there.

Jolly Ranchers are for plebes there is an artesian candy maker that lives in a cave near me that…..
Its watermelon it was always watermelon.

Green apple and peach (not listed). Honestly though, any flavor other than cinnamon.

Who knew!

You guys blow my mind.
The early votes were not a precursor to the actual results. Blue raspberry came in hot :ROFLMAO:

Easiest vote ever

I don't think they're gross, but not a huge fan.

I'll drop jollys in Zima but usually don't eat them.

My wife though...when chews them.

I voted cherry but peach is pretty good, too.

How does none have more votes than blue raspberry?!

"None" is the right answer, but i already knew a lot of us are delusional.

I voted cherry, but there's no such thing as a bad Jolly Rancher flavor.

I don't think they're gross, but not a huge fan.

I'll drop jollys in Zima but usually don't eat them.

My wife though...when chews them.

Yes, I chew them. So?!

green apple is the best flavor!!

probably watermelon for me but y'all got me wanting to try blue raspberry soon :)

1. Cherry
2. Green Apple

There’s cinnamon and orange?

I’ll let Dane cook take this one

"Watermelon is the only good flavor of jolly rancher candies. I will say that. Thank you for agreeing with me. If you SAY SOUR APPLE, I will STAB you in the jaw. Sour apple sucks. If you believe that sour apple is good you meet me out in the lobby after the show, I'll be the guy stabbing jaws. There's not too many of us out there. Just look for the guy... stabbing jaws - that's me. Come up, say hello, and I will stab you in the jaw."

Best: Cherry
Worst: Blue Raspberry

Simple. Lock the thread.

Lemon was the best flavor. Once they got rid of lemon, I'll resort to Green Apple but it's a pretty distant second place.

Back