Jordan Spieth Switches to the TS2

I hit the ts2 and ts3 FW metals today.... wow.... loved them both! Like the weighting method of the ts3 and really liked the combo with T1100 shaft

PGASS didn’t have a driver to demo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spieth says he's going back to his "old stuff" in Mayakoba:

7305fa1f62329c5c5f66969a01bcbc4b.jpg

Time to loft up!

Is he though? That's a genuine question, but it seems like majority of the time they talk about his struggles off of the tee accuracy wise. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's what we hear on television and from him -- "Oh, Jordan"

That's what we hear on television and from him -- "Oh, Jordan"

He's such a wholesome and respectful young man. "Oh, Parrot" is not what I say.

Not enough spin? Must be nice....

I was thinking that he’s been offline last year that less spin might keep those errant tee shots in play.

I was thinking that he’s been offline last year that less spin might keep those errant tee shots in play.

Yeah that is possible. Or maybe now it's gotten so bad he is hitting some knucklers out there and that's no good either! Whatever it is, I hope he finds a combination that works for him. Just crazy how it was in the bag and then right back out for his old trusty. They have to be able to get a JS model with a ton of weight in the head to get that flight optimized. I do wonder what his #s were with the TS2 comparatively to the 915D2.

Now Spieth is going back to his old driver and 3 wood combo.

Spieth returns to old driver, 3-wood

PGATour.com's Cameron Morfit..."Making his first visit to the Riviera Maya for the Mayakoba Golf Classic this week, Spieth, the 2015 FedExCup champion, has gone back to the driver, 3-wood he'd played for the last five years. And it's gone so well, he said, Vegas is a distant memory."

"It's way more positive than that," Spieth said after his pro-am round on the El Camaleon Golf Course at Mayakoba on Wednesday. "Last week I just, I was looking at something different, and the performance just wasn't coming out the same. It's been totally different the last couple days for me here. I've been striking the ball extremely well, hitting a lot of the fairways, and the short game has been just-trying to improve a little bit more."

Yeah that is possible. Or maybe now it's gotten so bad he is hitting some knucklers out there and that's no good either! Whatever it is, I hope he finds a combination that works for him. Just crazy how it was in the bag and then right back out for his old trusty. They have to be able to get a JS model with a ton of weight in the head to get that flight optimized. I do wonder what his #s were with the TS2 comparatively to the 915D2.

Makes sense, the other thing I thought was ugly launch numbers and lack of spin hurting distance he’s used to.

Dang. Hate to see this. If there’s anything worse than a top tour player not playing the latest equipment, it’s when they make the switch and then a week later, go back to the old stuff.

I have a hard time believing that with all the options that Titleist offers with adjustability in the TS2 and the ts3, jordan/his fitter(s) can’t find a shaft/head that works for him. I think it’s mostly in his head.

Dang. Hate to see this. If there’s anything worse than a top tour player not playing the latest equipment, it’s when they make the switch and then a week later, go back to the old stuff.

I have a hard time believing that with all the options that Titleist offers with adjustability in the TS2 and the ts3, jordan/his fitter(s) can’t find a shaft/head that works for him. I think it’s mostly in his head.

i think he did the same thing with the 716 ap2. put them in the bag, then switched back to 714 pretty quickly. but i agree with you, it's a bad look.

He only did a few weeks of testing with it before going to Vegas and it was at his home course with his instructor. H doesn’t like to test at an event because he wants his time to be focused on getting ready for the event. I would imagine they had all the heads, weights and shafts to test with but it could be possible that if he went to tpi if he couldn’t get more optimally dialed in.

But there have always been titleist staffers playing older clubs as well as other golfers from other brands. These guys don’t always switch as often as people think. Look at Stenson and his 3w

I know driving accuracy stats are very flawed per say, but only at 50% thus far today.

He only did a few weeks of testing with it before going to Vegas and it was at his home course with his instructor. H doesn’t like to test at an event because he wants his time to be focused on getting ready for the event. I would imagine they had all the heads, weights and shafts to test with but it could be possible that if he went to tpi if he couldn’t get more optimally dialed in.

But there have always been titleist staffers playing older clubs as well as other golfers from other brands. These guys don’t always switch as often as people think. Look at Stenson and his 3w

Very true and I get your point. But the one example that sticks out to me is TaylorMade and their stable of golfers. How many of them have ever played the older drivers? Seems like they’re in the latest gear every year. DJ, Rory, TW, Rose (formerly), Sergio (formerly)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very true and I get your point. But the one example that sticks out to me is TaylorMade and their stable of golfers. How many of them have ever played the older drivers? Seems like they’re in the latest gear every year. DJ, Rory, TW, Rose (formerly), Sergio (formerly)

Jason day took awhile to switch to r15 from the burner and iirc from the r15 to m1. There were several TM guys who didn’t upgrade irons until the p730 protos.

Callaway has and has had numerous guys playing older irons. Look thru the witb threads and you will see a mix of old and new in various spots throughout guys bags.

Many times you see new headcovers on old clubs

Jason day took awhile to switch to r15 from the burner and iirc from the r15 to m1. There were several TM guys who didn’t upgrade irons until the p730 protos.

Callaway has and has had numerous guys playing older irons. Look thru the witb threads and you will see a mix of old and new in various spots throughout guys bags.

Many times you see new headcovers on old clubs

Ok yea, I’m following you for sure.

Let’s change gears a bit then...is the driver (especially with the latest release from Titleist in trying to “keep up” with competition) more important than the rest, as far as tour pros switching to the latest iteration, since its the most visible in a sense?

Ok yea, I’m following you for sure.

Let’s change gears a bit then...is the driver (especially with the latest release from Titleist in trying to “keep up” with competition) more important than the rest, as far as tour pros switching to the latest iteration, since its the most visible in a sense?

Would it help to have Spieth playing it? Probably to an extent. With JT and others playing it and winning I think helps even if Jordan isn’t. But then again the amount of people that know Spieth plays titleist is limited to mostly internet golfers and some more than avg weekend hacks. We’ve seen around here comments about people thinking he plays At&T or ua clubs. For the informed consumer I don’t think it matters what the pros are playing.

Does tour play have an impact? Yeah but when you look at the number of TM, Ping, Mizuno wins last year+ compared to the number of Callaway staffer wins it doesn’t translate into Tm or others outselling callaway

Would it help to have Spieth playing it? Probably to an extent. With JT and others playing it and winning I think helps even if Jordan isn’t. But then again the amount of people that know Spieth plays titleist is limited to mostly internet golfers and some more than avg weekend hacks. We’ve seen around here comments about people thinking he plays At&T or ua clubs. For the informed consumer I don’t think it matters what the pros are playing.

Does tour play have an impact? Yeah but when you look at the number of TM, Ping, Mizuno wins last year+ compared to the number of Callaway staffer wins it doesn’t translate into Tm or others outselling callaway

Lots of good points. And I agree that most guys have no clue what the tour pros are playing.

On a different note, I think the biggest influencer of golf equipment are those pros without contracts. Cause they’ve influenced me at least to a degree

Back