"Just a water cup please."

Does a "free" water cup also include "Soda Water"?

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 89.1%

• Total voters

V14_Heels

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Picture the common scenario where you order your food at a fast food or "fast fresh" type place where you opt for no purchased Soft Drink, but simply ask for a water cup. You now have the water cup here's where the question lies...

Obviously, you can fill that cup with water using the Soft Drink machine where there is a water button commonly with the Lemonade/Hi C, whatever button.

But...should you also be able to use that same water cup to fill your cup with "Soda Water" if there is a "Soda Water" button?

I wish, but I'm going to say no.

No, don’t be the guy with a little clear plastic cup full of coke. 🤣

Splurge the extra dollar.

Oh I didn’t read… yeah Club Soda should be acceptable

Will it hurt their profits? No. Water cups are just for water though, no carbonation.

No water is water. I also don’t frequent those establishments but do any have soda water on tap? Just use it for still water nothing more.

I vote no. Water and Soda Water have vastly different costs. I understand the logic of why yes would be arguable, but I would still say no for me.

Nope.

No.

I just wish they would give me a real cup. I hate having to go back up 20 times to refill the 4 oz cup they give you.

No.

I just wish they would give me a real cup. I hate having to go back up 20 times to refill the 4 oz cup they give you.
You can buy one for $1.29 at McDonalds :ROFLMAO:

Carbonation is added, therefore additional cost on the business... you get plain water - dont sneak the other flavors.

Soda water, I vote yes. Soda/Pop, no.

No.

My wife always buys the drink even though she only drinks water for this very reason.

Soda water is not just carbonated water as I have seen the labels on the stuff you can buy and there is also some sodium and quite a bit of sugar in most cases, so it is not the same as plain water and is therefore NOT allowed in the little water cup.

Unfortunately, most places have jacked up the cost of soda's to well over $2 when it costs them probably under $0.25. It has to be a higher profit margin than liquor.

Which is why McD's will be getting rid of their self serve Soda Stations... IF you have to think about it...

Never. Not ever. From a restaurant standpoint, everything has a cost. Even the cup/lid/straw has a cost.

Want a soda? Buy a soda.

Does Soda Water come out of the tap? If so, sure, but since it doesn't, then no. That said I prefer sparkling water so I wish I could say yea, sure.

I'd say no. They have to pay for the CO2, so there is some additional cost there vs. just plain water.

Nope, water glass is for plain ol' tap water.

Picture the common scenario where you order your food at a fast food or "fast fresh" type place where you opt for no purchased Soft Drink, but simply ask for a water cup. You now have the water cup here's where the question lies...

Obviously, you can fill that cup with water using the Soft Drink machine where there is a water button commonly with the Lemonade/Hi C, whatever button.

But...should you also be able to use that same water cup to fill your cup with "Soda Water" if there is a "Soda Water" button?
Well, a cup for soda water was not requested. Just a water cup. Where does the soda part of the water come from, and does it cost the store extra money to provide the mix?

I've never seen a soda water button on a dispenser. Some places even charge $0.25 for a water cup.

Around here they are beginning to do away self service drink dispensers.

Where are you finding soda water as an option @V14_Heels ?

No, pay the extra change and get a small cup.

Soda water as in carbonated water? Yeah why not but actual soda? No

No you get water only.

Water

Back