KBS Golf Experience fitting

jfrigo1003

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Starting a thread here to see if anyone has ever gone to KBS and had a fitting through them?

I've fit in to different KBS woods, hybrids, irons, and wedges throughout the years without ever fully testing the whole lineup. I'm in San Diego/Carlsbad multiple times per year so I wondered to myself why have i never taken advantage of what seems to be a pretty cool experience. Essentially its like Club Champion or True Spec but obviously only KBS shafts. If you do buy and build through them then you have the option to really go full custom.

custom ferrules, custom kbs colored grips, custom shaft bands, and they even can make the shafts any color. I know for some people it may be a little extreme or simply too much but i like having different things and I am a sucker for limited edition stuff.

My fitting is saturday 3/23 so i will share my experience once i get back from my vacation and will post everything that I hit.

IMG_4343.pngIMG_4346.jpegIMG_4345.jpegIMG_4344.jpegIMG_4347.pngIMG_4348.pngIMG_4349.pngIMG_4351.pngIMG_4352.pngIMG_4350.png

I could go black shafts orange labels and grips. Look forward to reading your thoughts.

I could go black shafts orange labels and grips. Look forward to reading your thoughts.
That would look good!!

I like black shafts and my currrent $-Taper shafts are black. Not sure i could go with one of the colored options in irons and wedges

Have fun! Didn’t know they had that level of customization. Make it your own. I like it.

Why don't they have an orange GPS shaft?

Can’t wait to hear about your experience and what iron shafts you get. I was recently shocked when I was fitted into the C-Tapers. I never thought I could play a low spin and low flighted iron shaft.

Can’t wait to hear about your experience and what iron shafts you get. I was recently shocked when I was fitted into the C-Tapers. I never thought I could play a low spin and low flighted iron shaft.
Thats exactly why im doing it. I know my game has changed over the last 5+ years but ive been fit in to SteelFiber FC 115, C-Taper Lite 115x, $-Taper 130x, Accra iSteel 125x. All those shafts have had some success but i think it will be fun at KBS to hit whatever they give me and see what really is the best for me

The team there is amazing and Great group of people. Their builder is fun to chat with and does great work. The custom labels are a great touch and no doubt you’ll have lot of fun while there.

i had my fitting on saturday and it went exactly as i was hoping. The fit, the process, the experience, and the customization was perfect.

They have all the newest equipment heads there to demo and you can get fit to a whole new set of clubs if you want. I have new Mizuno Pro 243 irons so David did not push me once to try something out. My swing has been a nightmare the past 2 years due to growing family and my oldest active in sports. I've had this horrible left miss and could not figure out why it was happening. David watched me take 2 swings and stopped the fitting. He wanted to fix one small flaw that was causing devastating results. After about 15 minutes of the smallest tweak i was hitting it straight and even a tiny fade which ive always preferred.

Now with my swing actually feeling comfortable again i hit 3 more shots for data with the KBS TGI 110 i had in the Mizuno's. There was good speed with that combo but launch was a bit high and overall my face to path was still a little off (yes more swing related than anything but once we swapped out we saw an improvement)

Next we tried c-taper 125 and had a mixed bag of results. My 3 fastest ball speeds were with C-taper but i also had a tendency to catch it a little thin more times than with the other options

Finally closed it out with my tried and true $-taper 125. I told him at the beginning its what ive been fit to before and have in my backup sets. He wanted to try their other options and close with the $-taper's to confirm. After a few swings he said he saw what he needed to see and the $-taper 125 is the most consistent.

I've done numerous fittings and this was the first time where i was told my arms are longer than average for someone 5'10". I've always been standard length and standard lie per each OEM's lie angle measurement. David recommended going a 1/2" shorter bc my arms are longer and i have enough speed that i wouldnt see any drop off anyway. With the first tweak of a shorter club is where we began to see the left miss shrink. Then we went 1* flat per Mizuno specs and again saw a better start line and less left curve.

I got alot of extra knowledge about KBS shafts that i did not know before. I now have a much better understanding of their shaft lineup and what, at least on paper, will fit me best moving forward.

Now that the fitting was finished we got in to the fun part!!! At the beginning of this year they slowly started to roll out a powder coating option for any shaft you end up in. He brought out a color swatch that had over 50 different unique finishes you can have applied to any shaft. It is a bit pricey at $75/shaft but one of the main reasons i went to KBS was for this option so the price was not going to deter me

My clubs will be shipped to me in 3 weeks and then ill post the sweet setup i chose

The video below is a good idea of what to expect

Waiting on my irons still but here’s how the wedges came out!!

IMG_4432.jpegIMG_4434.jpegIMG_4476.jpegIMG_4474.jpeg

Back