Kitchen Appliances....

Bosch dishwasher with the 3rd rack up top for silverware. It is ridiculously quiet.
My favorite set of kitchen appliances were Bosch. Range, microwave/vent hood, fridge, dishwasher.

My favorite set of kitchen appliances were Bosch. Range, microwave/vent hood, fridge, dishwasher.
We've had Bosch for the last year, and I really enjoy them all. Dishwasher is great, and so quiet. Fridge has a nice drawer for fruit and veggies that keeps them for quite a bit longer than usual. It also has the water filler on the inside of the fridge which cleans up the outside look. The stove has been fine, and I do enjoy the larger cooktop and the lip that sits on the counter to stuff can't fall down in between the stove and cabinet.

It’s been 10 years since we redid our kitchen. We looked at a lot of appliances and chose Kitchen Aid something or other line. French door fridge, a separate ice maker, cooktop with JennAire, dishwasher, oven and microwave. The fridge and oven have been very good. The ice maker works but sounds like an muffler-less pulp wood truck.

The microwave and dishwasher are junk. The microwave works 2/3 of the time and the dishwasher will clean if you’ve mostly washed the items beforehand.

We’ve been looking at a Bosch dishwasher and will replace our piece of crap soon. Microwave is more difficult because it matches the oven immediately beneath it. I’m not real keen on mismatches that lose together.

Agree. Samsung appliances are poorly made and overpriced. I would stay far away from Samsung appliances.
We have had a Samsung Dishwasher for 6 months now and we love it. Cleans better than our 5 year old KitchenAid did.
It's quiet and like the moving bar instead of the twirling arm.
I wanted to buy an American Made one however I could find one so I had to buy one Made in Thailand.
We'd buy it again.

Last edited:
I only learned one thing buying appliances for multiple homes over the past 25 years - expensive doesn't mean it's better or lasts longer, just that it has more 'stuff'. We tried cheap and they didn't last, so we then tried high end and all were just as bad. I'd be happy to pay double for a quality appliance if I could ever find one.

My mom worked for Siemens Healthcare and got corporate discounts on Bosch. Used it for a dishwasher in our old place. Favorite dishwasher I have ever had.

Our house now is Whirlpool that came in it when we bought it. Its all USA made stuff and hasn't given us a reason to change it out but I am not a fan of the side by side fridge it doesn't have much room. Think we may be selling this place soon so no reason to change it out unless we stay.

Don't buy Samsung appliances.
TVs ok - not appliances 😐

i've heard this too. we have a samsung fridge because i'm cheap and my wife is a saint. we've had to replace some electronics in the ice/water display, and the icemaker has had a couple issues. but we've had it for 10+ years.

i've heard this too. we have a samsung fridge because i'm cheap and my wife is a saint. we've had to replace some electronics in the ice/water display, and the icemaker has had a couple issues. but we've had it for 10+ years.
Samsung washer lasted us 2 years died 3 weeks after warranty. 350 dollar control board is what the issue ended up being. went with a different brand.

Just tell the wife you’re going to get a grill and use that for the next 7 months. Stove/oven problem solved :).

Or a smoker! My buddy bought an electric one about 3 years ago. He smoked 3 things. A ham , a chicken, and something else that I forget. After that third thing, his wife told him that she would prepare all the side dishes, but that he was in charge of the entrees, as long as it came out of the smoker! It was an electric model, and those are pretty bullet proof! He just looked them up online, and followed their recipes.

4th of July is the biggest sales period for home appliances, FYI. If you can hold on a couple months, those are the best deals.

Alyssa and I just built a house (moved in January 2021 anyway). Our builder included a 2, 5, or 10 year warranty on different aspects of the house. When we went to pick out our appliances at the local appliance store our builder partners with, we were told that we could not select Samsung or LG because neither the builder, nor the appliance store would warranty them. We were told the same thing at a second appliance store when shopping for a washer and dryer.

We ended up with GE Profile because we wanted a gas range with a double oven and god forbid we mix and match brands. The range, microwave, and dishwasher have been fine, the fridge refused to make ice for 7 months. After six technician trips to our house to trouble shoot, two new ice makers, a new circuit panel in the back, they finally replaced the door (huh?) and that did the trick.

I want to upgrade our home apiamces sooo this is a perfect timed thread...

seems like LG around fourth of July.

Weve picked out our fridge and freezers. However.....recommendations?

48" Range - Not trying to spend $15k on a range. Looking into Monogram, ZLine, any other recommendations?

Drawer microwave - Have been told that SHARP is the way to go
Dishwasher - Have been told BOSCH is the way to go.

I hear much much more good than bad about Bosch dishwashers. Our Whirlpool is about 15 years old and still cleans superbly. A water softener lengthened the life of that appliance.

What did you decide on for refrigerator and freezer? Please don't say it's LG, and I'm a fan of everything LG except their refrigerators.

48" Range - Not trying to spend $15k on a range. Looking into Monogram, ZLine, any other recommendations?

We have Bosch for our dishwasher, and it's been great. Easily the quietest we've ever had.

IN addition went with the Bosch Refrigerator and Gas Range, which have also been great. Usually if you go with the same brand, they offer an incentive when get 3 or 4 of the same appliances. You obviously have to make some concessions as you might not get the best of the best in each category, but you do get the discount.

We loved all our Bosch appliances. Dishwasher, range, fridge, over range microwave.

You wouldn't know the dishwasher was running when you were sitting next to it.

I have had a Sharp drawer microwave for 4 years and love it. I know of two other people who installed one and have had no issues.

We loved all our Bosch appliances. Dishwasher, range, fridge, over range microwave.

You wouldn't know the dishwasher was running when you were sitting next to it.
We went from one that we could hear upstairs in bed, to the Bosch. In the store they told me that when it's on a light shines on the floor so you know it's running. I laughed at the time, but you seriously do need that light to know the dishwasher is running sometimes.

Kitchenaid makes great dishwashers as well. They’ll save you a bit from Bosch.

I hear much much more good than bad about Bosch dishwashers. Our Whirlpool is about 15 years old and still cleans superbly. A water softener lengthened the life of that appliance.

What did you decide on for refrigerator and freezer? Please don't say it's LG, and I'm a fan of everything LG except their refrigerators.

THIS MINUS THE PEOPLE lol
Frigidaire_Professional_4_2369.jpg

Last edited:

I just had my old dishwasher (kenmore elite) leak over Christmas ruining the ceiling. New bosch sitting in the garage waiting for the plumber. Replacing the faucet and disposal while its all apart.

Stay away from Samsung. Worked Maintenance for Senior Living. We had just expanded and built several more buildings. Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, etc. Non stop trouble with every Samsung.
Go to a HDepot or Lowes and you will find Samsungs returned as defects.

For your fridge, aiming for a 36" non-counter depth sounds like a solid plan. More space is always a plus, right? As for double ovens, a 24" setup should provide plenty of cooking flexibility. Drawer-style microwaves are sleek and convenient, especially in the island.Dishwashers can be a bit tricky, but focusing on energy efficiency and quiet operation might be worth considering. And for the range top, 36" or 48" will depend on your kitchen layout and cooking needs.If you ever need some expert advice on appliance hiccups, I've found musiccityappliance.services super helpful. They're more about problem-solving than pushing products, which I appreciate.

Last edited:
Back