Kitchen Appliances....

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
As many know, we are building a house. Within the next few weeks we will be shopping for and selecting our kitchen appliance package. HOLLLLY CRAP is there a ton to choose from!?!???!!

we have a budget obviously. We love to cook and don't have enough room now on our 30" stove. I also don't want to spend $20k on appliances. They don't last long enough to justify it. Just looking for recommed

here's some details:

refrigerator: 36" (Non counter depth) and as many sq cu ft as possible

Double ovens: I believe 24"

Microwave: drawer style and in our island

dishwasher: don't know much here at all

range top: (not cooktop, that has buttons on top) range tops have buttons on front. Deciding on 36" or 48" (both affect cabinet layout and rangehood design)

thanks!

JB has a pretty sweet fridge that does craft clear ice balls! I think LG

JB has a pretty sweet fridge that does craft clear ice balls! I think LG

We have the LG Studio series, it’s great. Have it for our fridge, double ovens and microwave. Our cooktop is a 6 burner gas KitchenAid, microwave is LG but they didn’t have the studio series available so we got a different one.

We got all of ours 2 years ago during a 4th of July sale.

Don't buy Samsung appliances.
TVs ok - not appliances 😐
I’ve got a Samsung refrigerator and I quite like it. Good layout and makes plenty of ice, which is especially nice when looking to fill up a cooler.

We have the LG Studio series, it’s great. Have it for our fridge, double ovens and microwave. Our cooktop is a 6 burner gas KitchenAid, microwave is LG but they didn’t have the studio series available so we got a different one.

We got all of ours 2 years ago during a 4th of July sale.

Craft ice maker huh?

I’ve got a Samsung refrigerator and I quite like it. Good layout and makes plenty of ice, which is especially nice when looking to fill up a cooler.

our builder had a hard time get appliances in 2020 So ended with Samsung.

We don't like the fridge-doesn't have a lower ice maker and can't add one. Doesn't make enough ice. Wife hates the layout with this French door model

Microwave doesn't work all the time

oven burns anything that's drips on the bottom which smokes and makes the smoke alarm go off. We've never had that happen with many ovens we've had

We do like the dishwasher for clean dishes, but it sometimes stops for no reason and has to be restarted
🤷🏼‍♂️

our builder had a hard time get appliances in 2020 So ended with Samsung.

We don't like the fridge-doesn't have a lower ice maker and can't add one. Doesn't make enough ice. Wife hates the layout with this French door model

Microwave doesn't work all the time

oven burns anything that's drips on the bottom which smokes and makes the smoke alarm go off. We've never had that happen with many ovens we've had

We do like the dishwasher for clean dishes, but it sometimes stops for no reason and has to be restarted
🤷🏼‍♂️
Wow, that does not sound like a good time!

LG Refrigerator, LG Washer and Dryer, KitchenAid Micro/Convection/Browner, KitchenAid Oven, KitchenAid dishwasher, and Zline 6 burner stove top. Happy with all.

LG Refrigerator, LG Washer and Dryer, KitchenAid Micro/Convection/Browner, KitchenAid Oven, KitchenAid dishwasher, and Zline 6 burner stove top. Happy with all.

im very intrigued by ZLine for our range top

Currently am totally in love with my dual fuel LG range, convection oven with gas top. Also have matching dishwasher.

I guess for the cooker & you guys need a good one, make sure the burners have a good mixture of high and low btu burners, and are spread out.

Only downside my 5 burner top has is they're too close because it's a standard width range.

My wife loves Bosch dishwashers. You can barely hear the ones we’ve had. We have a Frigidare Gallery series counter depth frig. It had more room inside than some other counter depth models we looked at. No fancy ice cubes thoug.

Can you hang on until Black Friday? Probably not, but it seems like there is always some great deals on appliances then.

Bosch Dishwasher - quiet, have had mine for 12 yrs.

Samsung Stove is garbage - had Samsung out 3X - still doesn't work - a lemon, Microwave does not work, Fridge - ugh.

LG Washer/Dryer no issues for 12 yrs.

Franke oven and Siemens appliances , also , Lg fridge ,,,, just discovered we got a thermonuclear mix hahahahah too partner wanted one for special birthday . We’ve had app lives etc 4 years after almost complete reno, very happy with all brands and appliances no failures this far.

Whatever fridge you get, I'd suggest it NOT have the ice maker in the same compartment as the fridge. It needs to be in the freezer section. I've got a fridge, french doors, 2 drawers. I love it, but the ice maker is in the fridge section. The humidity there causes the ice maker to freeze up. I got tired of defrosting it with a spray bottle of warm water. I use ice trays in the freezer now. It' inconvenient but works.

That's what I recommend.

Bosch dishwasher with the 3rd rack up top for silverware. It is ridiculously quiet.

Can you hang on until Black Friday? Probably not, but it seems like there is always some great deals on appliances then.

yeaaaaaI'd love to but no wayyyy lol

Just tell the wife you’re going to get a grill and use that for the next 7 months. Stove/oven problem solved :).

Loved our LG French door refrigerator until the compressor crapped out in year 6. The warranty meant a $1200 repair and a six week wait. Repair firm told me they do forty of them a month.

Range is a Kenmore Elite, a rebadged Samsung. No issues. Dishwasher is a 14 yr old Whirlpool that still cleans like Day 1. Had to replace a $60 motor valve. Easy DIY

Microwave is a Panasonic countertop. We used it heavily and it works well

Front loader LG washer is the best we’ve ever had. Dryer is a 22 year old Maytag Neptune drying center with a drum below and low temperature trays and hangers above. These are awesome but only LG makes a cabinet only equivalent these days

I’m told most all new appliances these days have useful lives of 6-8 years.

We get a lot of power failures around here, and a number of them are momentary or several on-off cycles in rapid succession. I believe it affected the refrigerator and room AC compressors, so to make myself feel better, I bought these last year. The delay is supposed to allow compressors to depressurize to levels that are safe to restart.

4 pcs Voltage Protector Brownout Surge Refrigerator 1800 Watts Appliance

Last edited:
I have all Samsung and haven't had any problems. But then I don't cook that much - my brother says I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Back