L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

I’ve been playing around with going back to using a line on the ball at home, and got a chance to try it out this morning with the Stack app and the DF. Made a couple of real good feeling 1-putts, including snaking in a longer one (25’+). Getting a bit more confidence in this guy, and I’d love to see some on-course performance like this. Last year my strokes gained compared to a 10 HCP was somewhere around -7, and today against a 5 HCP is a huge improvement.
IMG_9365.png

Hi, I'm currently in the process of testing some LAB putters that a pro shop kindly lended me for testing on the course. They have the standard shaft and was looking for thoughts & feedback on the custom LAB shafts offering (Accra, BGT, TPT, LA Golf).
Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm currently in the process of testing some LAB putters that a pro shop kindly lended me for testing on the course. They have the standard shaft and was looking for thoughts & feedback on the custom LAB shafts offering (Accra, BGT, TPT, LA Golf).
Thanks in advance!
I have the Accra shaft in my DF2.1 and really like it. I feel the feedback is good and I like the feel way more than the stock shaft. For the upgrade price it is a solid option. I tried all of them and didn’t like the TPT or the BG at all. The LA golf shaft felt amazing but I still putted as well with the Accra. I saved 300 bucks and just went with the Accra. You have to get the outside if you can to test them out.

I have the Accra shaft in my DF2.1 and really like it. I feel the feedback is good and I like the feel way more than the stock shaft. For the upgrade price it is a solid option. I tried all of them and didn’t like the TPT or the BG at all. The LA golf shaft felt amazing but I still putted as well with the Accra. I saved 300 bucks and just went with the Accra. You have to get the outside if you can to test them out.
Curious to hear why/what didn't you like in the TPT? Unfortunately, don't have the chance to test them out as the fitter in South of France doesn't have the options in the showroom.

Curious to hear why/what didn't you like in the TPT? Unfortunately, don't have the chance to test them out as the fitter in South of France doesn't have the options in the showroom.
I didn’t like how the TPT felt in the putter at all. I was tying them out at the same time and didn’t see any huge improvement in the TPT for me to get one. That is tough choice without getting to try them out. Good luck with your decision.

I didn’t like how the TPT felt in the putter at all. I was tying them out at the same time and didn’t see any huge improvement in the TPT for me to get one. That is tough choice without getting to try them out. Good luck with your decision.
Thanks for that! Curious to know if you kept standard head weight or heavier? I hear a lot of people went with a heavier head

Thanks for that! Curious to know if you kept standard head weight or heavier? I hear a lot of people went with a heavier head
I went heavier and would do that again for sure.

Thoughts on this alignment mark? Thinking on combining G + P (if possible)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 7.03.07 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 7.03.07 PM.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 8
do they offer this? I like it a lot

Yes you can request it. I got confirmation from LAB golf and ordered it like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did not get heavier. The TPT shaft is 30g heavier than stock and my length is 35 inches. I do not enjoy a heavy swingweight so I'm good for now.

Did not get heavier. The TPT shaft is 30g heavier than stock and my length is 35 inches. I do not enjoy a heavy swingweight so I'm good for now.

How do you like the TPT?

I have fomo on putter shafts for some reason. Kinda want the white Accra because $100. But I have had the BGT and now KBS GPS in my df2.1.

How do you like the TPT?

I have fomo on putter shafts for some reason. Kinda want the white Accra because $100. But I have had the BGT and now KBS GPS in my df2.1.

I tried two prototypes about a year ago - I thought one was too stiff and the other was just right. If having a perfectly round shaft to spec and from what I was told, no putter shaft except TPT is perfectly round, is important to you ...

32 putts today for my round with 1 birdie form about 20 feet. Lag putting was good and i had 4 1 putts which 3 of those were par saves with 1 from about 25 feet. I did use the triple track today and i will be sticking with that it just helps me line up so much better.

Sold my DF3 today. 33”, 69 degrees with ACCRA shaft. I buy into the LAB technology and previously owned a DF2.1 (purchased from THP member!). It looks and feels awesome. ACCRA shaft makes it a soft feel off putter head. But I lag better and make more putts with my Odyssey AI-One Rossie S putter.

DF3, 35 in, TPT Shaft @67 lie - ordered 02/22/24, went to shipping 03/22/24

One month

Thoughts on this alignment mark? Thinking on combining G + P (if possible)

Front one good, back ones not needed, may keep your eyes moving

Front one good, back ones not needed, may keep your eyes moving
I ordered it like the picture except went with the black head with TPT shaft

Found a deal on a 2.1 in a nickel finish on FB marketplace. Wasn't really in the market but it was such a deal I figured I'd pick it up to play around with!

28 putts today with 8 one putts today. I had 2 birdies and one of those was from off the green. I Was letting the ball get to far forward in my set up. Moving the ball back to just in front of center is looking like the perfect spot. I will be hitting the putting green tomorrow to work on that set up some more and really dial that in.

I had the OG grip on my original DF2.1 putter and loved it. Thought it was weird as hell at first but fell in love. That’s the BGT shaft I stepped on accidentally in the back of my truck and wasn’t able to get another OG grip. Had the press 3° on my DF2.1 since I reshafted with the KBS GPS and never have loved the grip. It’s too big for me.

Finally found another OG grip and got it put back on. Man that grip feels like home. Back in love with my DF2.1.

Pretty good Stack putting session with the DF last night, leading to my best strokes gained performance of the off-season so far. This one is sticking around for the long term - I’ve never been a confident putter, but this thing just makes it a little bit easier. Nice to see a few putts drop last night, I’ll take 31 putts on some tricky, fast greens all day!
IMG_9525.png

I can get a stock DF2.1 for 200 less than a custom DF3 (need 33 inches and heavier weight)
Am wondering which direction to go.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I can get a stock DF2.1 for 200 less than a custom DF3 (need 33 inches and heavier weight)
Am wondering which direction to go.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Did you check the LAB outlet? Some custom DF3's are already showing up.

I bought my DF2.1 from the outlet, no regrets. But be aware that there are no returns for outlet items. Also, if you find one you like you can email them with questions regarding a specific club and they will respond. I did that and glad I did...the one I bought was listed incorrectly, saved me $75 by checking on it first.

Found a local store where I can get the df2.1 not out let so have 30 days if like new to return

Back