Ladies Driver Length

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
I just bought a Ping G20 and at the same time my girlfriend who has a TM Burner SF2.0 got her driver regripped. When I took it from her to put in the car, I noticed the drivers are the same length!!! I think the G20 comes in at 45.75 inches, making the SF2.0 the same. She has always had trouble controlling the driver and now I think I know why. She is only 5'1" and has short legs. I don't have a wrist to floor measurement, but can get it if needed. Any idea what a better length would be for her?

Thanks!

My wife is the same height and I cut an inch off which made it 44in. Her dispersion got tighter and it added a little more distance since she was able to make better contact.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Ask the Pro section. Please keep this clean until GolfTEC can respond. Thanks.

I'm sponsored by TaylorMade and they make phenomenal clubs, so I would never disparage their product, BUT... they make their stock drivers too long for most. Especially the ladies.

I fancy myself a decent player and can hit it mostly in the center of the clubface, but even so, the longest driver I'm comfortable with is 45" (I'm 6' tall). The added length of modern drivers is designed to add clubhead speed, but it's irrelevant if that added speed doesn't hit it in the center (where the energy transfer is the highest).

I suggest she get professionally fitted for her driver length. The length that allows her the most consistent contact is of paramount importance. If I had to throw out a range, I'd say it'd be closer to 42-43". But that's purely a guestimation.

Good luck,

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara, CA

Back