Ladies golf bag gift from my wife

hifly

Hi flying Slice king
Reaction score
Handicap
My wife bought a mizuno golf bag at a garage sale. It looks like it has never been used other than scuff marks on the base. It even has the original upc sticker on the bottom. She thinks its beautiful with tan leather and purple fabric with this white outline pattern of what looks to be roses. It was only $30. when it was in style I'm sure it was over $150.

And she got it for me. Its nice looking but.... I 'll just say it isn't exactly my style. She says there are no ladies golf bags. Just pretty ones and ugly ones. She doesn't golf.

I'm sure if they make lady golf balls (no idea why) then there must be lady golf bags. it even has a little separate matching carry pouch that looks like its for makeup or something.

If my game was super awesome then it wouldn't matter as much but I look bad enough on the course as it is. I told her I didn't think I was good enough to pull off a floral print golf bag but I feel like it hurt her feelings because I didn't want her gift. She just wants to be involved.

what to do.

Appreciate the thought but it's just not my style for the course. I think I will just use it for my putter collection. Oh by the way were going out for dinner.

Say you appreciate it. Put it in the corner, and put all your spare clubs in it. "You like it so much you don't want to wreck it on the course."

Appreciate the thought but it's just not my style for the course. I think I will just use it for my putter collection. Oh by the way were going out for dinner.

" by the way we're going out for dinner." Genius!

It could become a victim of an unfortunate gasoline fight accident. Honestly though, just tell her you appreciate her thoughtfulness but it is not your style. Or just rock that purple flower bag like it's your job!

Post a picture so we can see it. I would rock a pink bag, so I might not be the guy to ask.

Honestly, really cool thought from her, so whatever you do keep that in mind.

Are you sure she's just figuring you won't golf so much if you use that bag?

My wife says leave and return with your clubs in it but change out the clubs in beteeen.

My wife bought a mizuno golf bag at a garage sale. It looks like it has never been used other than scuff marks on the base. It even has the original upc sticker on the bottom. She thinks its beautiful with tan leather and purple fabric with this white outline pattern of what looks to be roses. It was only $30. when it was in style I'm sure it was over $150.

And she got it for me. Its nice looking but.... I 'll just say it isn't exactly my style. She says there are no ladies golf bags. Just pretty ones and ugly ones. She doesn't golf.

I'm sure if they make lady golf balls (no idea why) then there must be lady golf bags. it even has a little separate matching carry pouch that looks like its for makeup or something.

If my game was super awesome then it wouldn't matter as much but I look bad enough on the course as it is. I told her I didn't think I was good enough to pull off a floral print golf bag but I feel like it hurt her feelings because I didn't want her gift. She just wants to be involved.

What to do.

I showed this to the wife and even she said, no way. Man, glad I am not in your shoes:D

Play it for god's sake. If any of your pals give you guff tell them the truth. It's from my wife. If Mom's happy everyones happy, if not oh well. It really doesn't matter what the bag looks like just so long as it does the job. Heck I like Ping's womens bags more than the men's. I would personally rock a purple and white bag without a second thought (HS colours BTW).

Mark Shuman

This thread is worthless without pix

It's the thought that counts, count yourself fortunate. jmho

:bulgy-eyes: Yeah that's really .....

PURPLE

Good luck!

Is that a Crown Royal staff bag hahaha

Ouch, that is purple. I know I wouldn't be able to use it, good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Perfect bag... for your spare clubs.

Wow....umm....sorry dude that thing is awful.

Cant argue with that. note the nice matching hand bag. It is a beauty though. Like I said if I had a killer game I could pull it off.

View attachment 20363
I showed the picture to my wife. She made a face that I imagine would approximate her reaction if I asked her if she'd be okay with me having a girlfriend on the side.

what to do.
Thank her for the gift and put it in a corner for your spare clubs. Too pretty to take to the course, lol. I have a corner like that with golf gifts that just aren't for me. A few month later, secretly sell it on eBay and buy her something she wants. Or something you want.

Post via Taptalk

Dude, you know you're between a rock and a hard place here. "Gee, it's... nice. Uh... thanks... I'll... be sure to... uh... use it." I'll tell you, even I wouldn't rock that on the course. Sorry.

Use it for your spare clubs. If you don't have any, you've got lemons so make lemonade. Buy yourself a new set of clubs so you have spare clubs and can use it.

The trouble is that when you have your friends over and they see that in the garage.... OR you could take it as a hint that your wife wants to take up the game, and she started by buying you this bag that she knows you'll never use. Have you had this talk? Who knows the real reason behind this purchase?

Dude, you know you're between a rock and a hard place here. "Gee, it's... nice. Uh... thanks... I'll... be sure to... uh... use it." I'll tell you, even I wouldn't rock that on the course. Sorry.

Use it for your spare clubs. If you don't have any, you've got lemons so make lemonade. Buy yourself a new set of clubs so you have spare clubs and can use it.

The trouble is that when you have your friends over and they see that in the garage.... OR you could take it as a hint that your wife wants to take up the game, and she started by buying you this bag that she knows you'll never use. Have you had this talk? Who knows the real reason behind this purchase?

She bought it because it had the mizuno M on the bottom of it and about the only thing she knows about golf is that I just bought Mizuno clubs. She sees now that I couldn't really use it. Its going to go on ebay. some one may like a purple and tan ladies retro mizuno bag. Or there may be a blind golfer out there some place.

I showed the picture to my wife. She made a face that I imagine would approximate her reaction if I asked her if she'd be okay with me having a girlfriend on the side.

So you're saying she'd be cool with it? :)

Wow... that is... unique... I couldn't pull that bad boy off. As someone upthread said, get a Crown Royal patch and sew it on there...

I imagine that is the bag Prince (or whatever symbol he goes by nowadays) has on the course.

Cant argue with that. note the nice matching hand bag. It is a beauty though. Like I said if I had a killer game I could pull it off.

View attachment 20363

For starters there are such a thing as ladies golf bags. And you got yourself one. Congrats! I doubt the extra matching pouch is for makeup though, as its most likely either a tee pouch or just a belongings pouch to keep your stuff in while you play. But I guess you could put makeup in it if that's what you are into.

But yea. Solid ladies bag for sure. My grandma has a bunch of old bags that are floral print haha

Back