While I personally love these grips, I have run into some quality control issues with them. They don't seem to quite have the same quality control as Golf Pride grips typically do or even as other grips in the Lamkin line.

I've noticed the thickness of the rubber can vary, especially at the opening of the grip can vary from grip to grip and some have super thin walls and some are much thicker. I also had one recently completely split open on both sides at the seam as I installed it on a shaft. The shaft only had 2 wraps of tape on it and it wasn't a crazy large build up or anything.

View attachment 9242835
View attachment 9242836

Oof, that's rough. I was planning on re-gripping my irons alternating blue and green. My old stand by GolfPride MCCs have been great, but I have been getting the itch to try something new.

I have a full set of these. I just put one on the other day.. I am wondering if I will use the rest.. I have gotten super grip picky..

Well I put new shafts in my Tour Edge Exotics C722 irons, Steel fiber i95 Private Reserves, so went ahead and put the blue UTX midsize grips on them. Now I have almost a full bag with the new UTX grips, just a couple of clubs left to regrip with them when the time comes.

C722_SF_PR_01.jpg

IMG_0370.jpeg

I had the blue Lamkin UTX midsize grips installed on my new clubs. 2 full wraps and 2 extra wraps on the bottom hand to reduce the taper.
image4.jpegimage11.jpeg

After adjusting the loft on my woods, the ST+2 calibrate grips are all off center. I'm gonna pull them and put these UTX grips on them.

Back