Leadbetter's A swing book?

jschiele01

Reaction score
Handicap
What are your guy's thoughts on this book/ technique??
Some of the concepts have peaked my interest.

I think it's a god read and simple to understand. It takes some practice to work on the different positions but he has drills to do that take 7 mins and he recommends 3 days a week to help with engraining the moves. From a swing perspective it makes it simple to get set and turn and fire. It actually helped with my grip and to shallow out my swing when I was working on incorporating some of it I to my swing

I think it's a god read and simple to understand. It takes some practice to work on the different positions but he has drills to do that take 7 mins and he recommends 3 days a week to help with engraining the moves. From a swing perspective it makes it simple to get set and turn and fire. It actually helped with my grip and to shallow out my swing when I was working on incorporating some of it I to my swing
Shallowing out my swing and delivering the club on an inside out path during down swing is what I'm trying to accomplish.

If you go this route he has several videos that break down each segment and also,has some for troubleshooting misses.

Here is is a slow mo swing of Lydia Ko with some A swing movements.

He seem's to like an early wrist set to help accomplish this. He wants the club up in the air almost as soon as possible.

If you go this route he has several videos that break down each segment and also,has some for troubleshooting misses.

Here is is a slow mo swing of Lydia Ko with some A swing movements.

She has a great swing! IMO
Actually what drew my attention to this technique.

She has a great swing! IMO
Actually what drew my attention to this technique.

yep and very efficient. I believe she is around 250 off the tee and that's with choking down on the driver, which she does on all clubs. It's also one of the reasons I had started looking into this.

Back