Lee Westwood .....

He's always been a really good ball striker. He's now putting lights out. Let's see if that is a two week hot streak or if he's found a way to change his game with the flat stick. Either way, very impressive.

Former world #1 getting a little resurgence is fine with me.

Anyone who plays the game at that level with respect and a carefree positive attitude is easy to pull for. Especially at age 47!

When he re-emerged this year, I realized Tony Finau is a lot like Lee Wstwood 1.0. I’m a fan of both.

Agree.

He was icy veins with those clutch putts today. Except that one...

Had he had any tee game today, its a done deal.

I think he wins soon.

Pretty cool to watch, he seems legitimately happy pretty much all the time on the course now. Pretty cool to see!

Westwood is a great player with a career similar to Colin Montgomerie, Sam Torrance, and Miguel Angel Jiminez.

He's always been a really good ball striker. He's now putting lights out. Let's see if that is a two week hot streak or if he's found a way to change his game with the flat stick. Either way, very impressive.
Totally agree..

For the record, Westwood has 44 professional wins to his credit.

Love his attitude, and love to see him out there contending at 47 years old. Never met him personally, but he seems very humble and gracious - and very grateful for what he has.

For the record, I thought that Lee Westwood would pull it out for the win. Great playing.

Love his attitude, and love to see him out there contending at 47 years old. Never met him personally, but he seems very humble and gracious - and very grateful for what he has.
if Lee can contend at 47, maybe there's still hope for Tiger.....LOL!

I've really enjoyed seeing him contend the last few weeks. Was pulling for him today, and think he's still got some Ws left in the tank and one of those possibly being in the next few months too!

It's been great watching him hang with all the youngsters.

I wish he wasn't playing with Dechambeau today. He could have pulled less than driver a few times today and won.

Huge fan of Lee Westwood, always have been and it's absolutely fantastic to see him doing so well and looking just so relaxed out on the course. Would hate to have my missus on the bag the morning after a big row though :LOL:

I would check the odds for Westy at the Masters. He has experience and top three finishes at Augusta, and , like the last 45+ year old to win there, his son will be on his bag.

Westy won $2.6m in his last two starts on the PGA Tour, which a serious amount of money for not winning. In 1998, he won $306,000 when he won his first event in USA.....Thank you Tiger!

As a Brit I’ve always liked Lee Westwood and think he’s a solid competitor. Great to see him contesting at 47. Historically his putting was the weakest part of his game but it really looks like he’s found a club and a technique that works for him. He’s had a great career and hopefully he can win a big event on tour - he deserves it.

I think when Westwood was younger I found him a bit boring to watch and he seemed to fade at big moments. Now his attitude and age make me want to pull for him.

I don't know him from before, so basically the last two weeks have been my intro. Seems like a really good dude.

After the 2 second place finishes, I am really hoping he gets that win.

I do like the resurgence.

Back