Length and counterbalance question

Dave G

Reaction score
Handicap
28.2 USGA
I'm 5'10" tall and use a very upright stance. I'm looking at a counterbalanced Oworks 7 Tank in 38". When I grip the club, my bottom most hand is comfortably at the bottom of the grip.

My question: How is counterbalance affected by hand position, AND by my upright stance?

I'm 5'10" tall and use a very upright stance. I'm looking at a counterbalanced Oworks 7 Tank in 38". When I grip the club, my bottom most hand is comfortably at the bottom of the grip.

My question: How is counterbalance affected by hand position, AND by my upright stance?
Not as much as you might think it is, it's why so many of the CB options out there have gone to longer than standard grips. You get to keep the performance of a longer and CB'd putter, but can still grip where it's comfortable.

I’m 5’8” and was fitted to a 33.5” putter. I have Works Tank Cruiser putters in #1 and #7 in the 35” length (they recommend 2”-3” longer putter shaft for CB). I prefer the SS Flatso 3.0, and drilled out the top with a 5/8” Forstner bit. I grip toward the bottom of the grip, with my right thumbnail at or below the “e” on “stroke.” It works well for me. I run between a 15 and 25 gram weight on the bottom (depending on conditions) and the 30 gram weight under the grip.

Back