Lessons - How Often

D.Witt

Reaction score
How often do you take "clean-up" lessons throughout the year ? and generally what do those lessons focus on ?

I generally schedule one when I hit a level of funk, if I have 3-4 rounds in a row where I feel like I can't figure things out.

I currently get a lesson about every 6 weeks. That's about how long I need to figure out something needs work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I take a series of them it's usually every 2-3 weeks so I have time to practice what I learned and also put it in play.

Last year when making a swing change, I went about every 2 weeks. The swing changes has become second nature at this point. Meaning lessons are about once every 6. Ideally I would like to see my instructor every 3 to 4 weeks, but job change and life have made that difficult.

Every 2-3 weeks seems to work pretty well for me.

I generally schedule one when I hit a level of funk, if I have 3-4 rounds in a row where I feel like I can't figure things out.

I probably should get a more regular lesson schedule going, but this is what I do. Or if there's a specific part of my game I'm fighting with.

I've been going just about every week for the past few months. Swing is settling in and I am tweaking more than changing now, so I will back off to very 3-4 weeks most likely.

if all is going acceptably well and i'm just looking to tighten things up, once or twice a year just to check in and get some new things to work on. but if i hit a massive funk with a particular area of my game, as many as it takes.

Not as often as I should.

I hope to sneak in one in a few weeks as something has been bothering me that needs to get straightened out.

I can't say my lessons are clean-up. I am following a weekly schedule (#3 this Wed) this year. I like the consistent interaction and feedback, and it forces me to put in the practice time in-between. But I am also early in my second season and working to build up my game to what I want for a solid baseline. I additionally want to peak for #TheCup, and that influences my lesson pace. $200 for a 5-lesson package makes that a no-brainer investment.

There are ZERO good golf instructors inside an hour of where I live, so it never happens, unfortunately. BUT, if I did have a good one near, it wouldn't be often with me, honestly.

With that said, as often as you feel necessary is the answer.

Back