Let's play the Favre retirement game.

Let's play the Favre retirement game.

• Yes, he played his heart out & has nothing more to prove.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he doesn't want an interception to be his final play.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Maybe, but the Vikings won't know until training camp is over.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I don't care, just wish the drama queen would decide quickly & put it to rest.

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
Like the swallows returning to Capistrano & the running of the bulls we have our "will he retire or not" saga.

I don't care whether he plays or not, I just don't want to hear about it the entire off season and if he announces he is retiring he needs to stay retired!

Let's add a little something to the game, pick the date you think he will make an announcement one way or the other.

I'm going with August 5th & he will announce he's coming back.

I think he'll retire...AGAIN...Minnesota won't be too happy...they were actually doing pretty well this year, with Favre and their entire team!!

I think he'll retire and then finally - after all these years - he'll tell the world why the pronunciation of his name is clearly so different than the way in which it is spelled.

-JP

Born, raised, and lived in Minnesota my whole life. Huge Vikings fan.

That being said, I am sick of it all. Yes, I want Favre back but I can do without the back and forth stuff. ESPN and the national media is partly to blame for this because they can't or won't quit talking about it and bringing it up.

I'm interested when they're talking about "my" team, but enough is enough. We can bring it up in late July again.

On a side note, if Favre doesn't come back and we have to put up w/ the suck that is either Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels, Brad Childress will be without a job after next season. Which is a good thing to most Vikings fans. We have known from day two he sucks.

Hehehe, being a Cheesehead, I'm so glad this is now the Vikings problem, and I can sit back, laugh, and be amused by it all. I dont care one way or the other. Dang! Now I know why everyone was laughing at the Packers when we went through this... Hehehe!:blob:

Favre who? :confused2:

I am a Packer fan. I even have GB Packer head covers on my fairway woods. I thought when #4 played for the Packers he was a good fit, and liked him a lot . I thought when he first retired it was the smart thing to do. But after he started his own personal prima donna gig I pretty much lost interest in him. Glad he and the Vikes had a good season since I had a cousin who played for them years ago, but I am still a Packer fan.

As for him returning? I think he will and I voted as such. His ego will not allow him to leave the game, when his last bone head play probably cost the Vikes the championship. The only thing that will keep him off the field next year is if the Saints inflicted more damage on him than he, or the Vikes have let on. #4 was beaten up pretty well in that game.

I am a Packer fan. I even have GB Packer head covers on my fairway woods. I thought when #4 played for the Packers he was a good fit, and liked him a lot . I thought when he first retired it was the smart thing to do. But after he started his own personal prima donna gig I pretty much lost interest in him. Glad he and the Vikes had a good season since I had a cousin who played for them years ago, but I am still a Packer fan.

As for him returning? I think he will and I voted as such. His ego will not allow him to leave the game, when his last bone head play probably cost the Vikes the championship. The only thing that will keep him off the field next year is if the Saints inflicted more damage on him than he, or the Vikes have let on. #4 was beaten up pretty well in that game.

Yes, he was. And, BTW, the better team lost that game.

But, I don't want to talk about it. :banghead:

My guess is he is done, from what I hear, its disturbing seeing how much pain he is in after every game

If he decides to comeback, I imagine he will anounce it around the same time he did this past year, so he doesn't have to go through all of training camp.

Yes, he was. And, BTW, the better team lost that game.

But, I don't want to talk about it. :banghead:
Wow
and that crappy team that beat them won the Super Bowl...go figure

Wow
and that crappy team that beat them won the Super Bowl...go figure

Where did I say a crappy team beat the Vikings?

The Vikings turned it over 5 times, get that? 5 times! And were still in a position to win the game.

Brees threw for 46 yards in the second half against the Vikings. 46!

Yeah, I would say the Vikings were the better team, but, this was obviously just New Orleans year.

(I still can't believe the Saints, the Saints, got a SB trophy before my beloved Vikings.)

God it's hard being a Viking fan.

Where did I say a crappy team beat the Vikings?

God it's hard being a Viking fan.
you didn't say crappy..I did
and just try being a Chiefs fan if you think being a Vikings fan is so bad:D

you didn't say crappy..I did
and just try being a Chiefs fan if you think being a Vikings fan is so bad:D

I would say a Vikings fan's heart has been ripped out of our chests a few more times than any Chiefs fans.

Plus, remember Super Bowl 3? Well, probably not (I wasn't alive). But yeah, KC beat the favored Vikings in it.

I would say a Vikings fan's heart has been ripped out of our chests a few more times than any Chiefs fans.

Plus, remember Super Bowl 3? Well, probably not (I wasn't alive). But yeah, KC beat the favored Vikings in it.

Super Bowl 4, actually.

Super Bowl 3 was the Namath guarantee the win game.

How many Super Bowls have the Vikings been to since then? The Chiefs? None.

Super Bowl 4, actually.

Super Bowl 3 was the Namath guarantee the win game.

How many Super Bowls have the Vikings been to since then? The Chiefs? None.

You're right. The Vikings have been to a total of 4 SB. Of course, losing all of them.

Since you have a trophy, and we don't, that would put the Vikings fans at the losing end of the deal here.

Vikings are the Cubs of football.

id love to see favre win one more time for us old guys ...

Back