limited driver budget

So many choices of course. Non-brand thoughts:
1. Lotta moving parts on newer drivers, and composite heads, etc. All points of potential failure in an engineering world, so longevity might not be a top priority when viewed that way?
2. If it comes with one and they are still available, get the optional weight kit. Very useful for using with different shafts to adjust swingweight.
3. Only one I have hit that is close on your list is the Z545 and I really like that driver. Big Srixon fan. (Oh my, I DO HAVE Japanese clubs! What was I thinking? ) :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
4. I've bought used gear, but only if it looks like it has been taken care of well. You could take one swipe with a new product and have a failure too. Recent used stuff was at a local 2nd swing just to get eyes on it. Lotta online places have good returns on used gear too, quite often, if its not what you expected.

Just an FYI the OP bought a g400 Max

I found a Tour B head in great shape on eBay and put a KK shaft in it. All in just over $100. It spins a little more than I want so it's not the longest I have but it is almost hard to find trouble with it.

I was at a PGASS today and hit the TEE EX220 and D7 from WIlson. Liked both a lot.but remember the BG discount. Both around $300.

I just bought a PING G from a buddy for $200 and I love it! It's new to me!

For $300, you should be able to get the very latest technology in a new (on sale), demo or slightly used driver. Finding the best driver for you, regardless of the driver's age, seems like the way to go.

Tommy Armour 845. Adjustable and you can get one new for $200.

Lots of skimmers...

Back