NEWS LIV Golf and PGA Tour Merging

Nah. The LIV guys took the risk and should reap the rewards. The players that stayed didn't disrupt anything so they don't get the spoils.
What if the players boycott?

Nah. The LIV guys took the risk and should reap the rewards. The players that stayed didn't disrupt anything so they don't get the spoils.
He is talking about them possibly not paying the LIV players the rest of their deal (I don't think that can happen)

Edit: nvm, I read his post wrong haha

Last edited:
I think this happened because LIV was failing as a commercial enterprise but PGAT couldn't continue to match their money. There was not room for two golf leagues like this. And then PIF found out what Jay's price tag was.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

DJ is easily one of the biggest winners of this entire thing.
Took the money, didn't give even half a f**k about all the nonsense, and gets to reapply by next year if he wants.

Unreal.
DJ was the lynchpin in this deal. Without him LIV doesn’t get off the ground

I would die laughing in Jay no shows the players meeting today in Canada. Sends everyone an email saying sorry not sorry please bring your questions and anger to Rory and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I predict that Rory wins this week now.. lol

I think this happened because LIV was failing as a commercial enterprise but PGAT couldn't continue to match their money. There was not room for two golf leagues like this. And then PIF found out what Jay's price tag was.

If I missed this post. I admit been skimming. 😆

So, if reading correctly the PGA sold its’ soul to LIV and now the Saudi Government controls all of the world’s golf.

Jay Monahan today…
IMG_9400.gif

Some of the LIV guys let their OEM sponsor lapse. Is there a big rush to sign some of these players now? I can't imagine a ton of folks want to sign Bryson but he is probably the biggest name.
Yeah I wonder about a couple that expired. Will any of those companies, at some point in the next couple years, regret basically making them free agents going into these changes. A lot of that stuff is based on appearances, so I can't imagine they were actually paying them too much.

He is talking about them possibly not paying the LIV players the rest of their deal (I don't think that can happen)
Come on. No doubt they didn't guarantee all that money without some outs. I would be surprised if it wasn't spread over several years and now they don't have to pay all the years.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JB
Wonder how they feel about their boss who begged them not to take the money selling them out for his own check?

Jay would be a fool to not demand a $25M+ bonus for agreeing to the merger. After all, the average annual compensation of the top 100 CEOs is $22.3 million. No doubt his ego sees himself in that peer group.

This will be very entertaining over the next month or two. Just when I was really getting tired of the LIV PGA fued.

My 2 cents... PGA Tour realized they could not sustain the elevated events' purses long term and Liv golf is losing money without any major sponsors and TV deal.

It's crazy to me how this was kept under wraps and not leaked to the public.

Jay would be a fool to not demand a $25M+ bonus for agreeing to the merger. After all, the average annual compensation of the top 100 CEOs is $22.3 million. No doubt his ego sees himself in that peer group.

This will be very entertaining over the next month or two. Just when I was really getting tired of the LIV PGA fued.

Agree, I think the next page is going to be a lot of blowback from players who stayed on Tour. Some of these guys will move on but I bet there are 50-100 guys who are super pissed right now.

Comment from ESPN article and unnamed player.

Another PGA Tour member reached by ESPN on Tuesday, questioned why the merger needed to happen when, in his opinion, the PGA Tour was beating the LIV Golf League on the course and in the courts.

"It's insanity," the PGA Tour player said. "The LIV tour was dead in the water. It wasn't working. Now, you're throwing them a life jacket? Is the moral of the story to just always take the money?"

Last edited:
If I missed this post. I admit been skimming.

So, if reading correctly the PGA sold its’ soul to LIV and now the Saudi Government controls all of the world’s golf.
Yup. And some believe that LIV was sticking it to "the man". Lol

It’s all about money. And a huge amount of it.

More or less just making a funny about how Jay should make it right for keeping these players in the dark on this deal. Super bad look for him, especially after all the statements he made.

More or less just making a funny about how Jay should make it right for keeping these players in the dark on this deal. Super bad look for him, especially after all the statements he made.
Yeah, he will cry his way to the bank

That’s why Britain’s govt tried to block the newcastle deal.

Honestly I could see Tiger and Jack forming a new league out of resentment and taking players that felt screwed. Networks would jump at a league led by Tiger and Jack.
Sounds great but they don’t compete anymore.

Jack is privately for LIV. His architecture firm held him back from endorsing LIV and becoming a spokesman. He’s even building courses in Saudi

Just to prove I read the whole thread @Canadan

Posting a tweet that was posted by people skimming that proves I read the whole thread...that's as weird as this deal today lol

Back