Tour Event LIV Golf Miami 2022 Team Championship

@BigDill loved all the pictures and videos definitely seems like something that is amazing in person.

Yeah thanks @BigDill the pics from live at the tournament were very cool!

Really enjoyed the event. Was glued to the coverage. DJ with a couple clutch putts down the stretch. 4 aces played some great golf. Cam was a monster today, he just needed a bit of help from his team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched Saturday and Sunday (on my iPad with football on tv). I enjoy the different formats and the coverage. Seems less stuffy than PGA TV coverage. Big Dill is the man for taking a ball to the chest and posting great pics! Hoping to make it down to Doral to play there in 2023.

I couldn't but help but notice when I watch these that all the announcers talk about is how much the winners, etc, will make. I mean, every 5 min that's all they talk about. I never hear in any other sport about what the 'winner will take home'. Football, Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, etc.. I'm sure the info is available, but announcers don't go and repeat it ad nausium every 5 min. I guess they are paid to do that? But it does come across 'it's all about the money'.

I love seeing the players in shorts out there. Welcome to the 21st century, professional golf!

I couldn't but help but notice when I watch these that all the announcers talk about is how much the winners, etc, will make. I mean, every 5 min that's all they talk about. I never hear in any other sport about what the 'winner will take home'. Football, Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, etc.. I'm sure the info is available, but announcers don't go and repeat it ad nausium every 5 min. I guess they are paid to do that? But it does come across 'it's all about the money'.
Those other sports with the exception of tennis are contract sports though. You make what you make on your contract, win or lose. These events are how the players make money outside of sponsorships so it makes sense to talk about purses.

Especially when the purses are this large. It is the main thing with LIV to be fair.

Excellent format and highly entertaining. Some quality golf played and was awesome watching it. LIV golf has a quality format on its hands here.

I watched the final day. I thought it was some pretty compelling golf, and I like the idea of the team format.

I could see how PGA Tour can make a 'team approach' if they wanted, modeled after many MGA events:
  1. 4-man teams
  2. Must have a player (at point of making a team, i.e., beginning of season?) with 1 player each from 1-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-100 tour money list (previous season)
  3. Players wanting to 'get in' on the team action should work to get within the top-100 of season money list (for next year).
  4. Team members contribute to the 'team' by their individual play during the season....make it one of the high end tournies.
  5. At the end of the season, have some type of 'playoff' for the highest ranking 'teams'.... squeeze it in before FedEx?

4Aces win caps off a good year of earnings for DJ: $35,637,767 in winnings

I loved watching this on youtube sunday. It was well done, I see some serious promise. What's this I heard about a draft coming up?

This is disappointing. I expected better from DJ popping bottles.

It was a good tournament. The team format works and is entertaining to watch.

Back