CONTEST Live Update Thread – The 2024 WorldWide Golf Championship

36 hours before slamming the trunk and heading south.....

I'm totally tied up in an all day meeting won't be able to catch up on the thread until tomorrow while watching the Preview Show.

This is my first THP experience, so it is definitely a mix of excitement, anxiousness, and giddiness.

I have to give a shout out to @Pops . I'd been on the board for a bit...but really didn't get what the THP experiences were. Pops came down to DFW late last year and put up a post to see if anybody could meet him for a weekday round. I was able to meet up with him and learned what people said in that golf is better with THPers. He was keeping up with an experience on his phone and it was my golden chance to ask 'how do those work anyway?'

I was blown away...it sounded almost too good to be true. Made up my mind that day I was going to put in for the next one and was lucky to get selected. Ironically I found out on a golf course when I checked my phone and there were a zillion notifications on THP, lol.

A big thank you to my original tag team partner @Parrot . He is a pheonenal guy and patiently showed me the ropes of what is done prior to an event. It was gutting to get the call he was going to be in IR and not able to make this trip. He absolutely loves the experiences and I hate he won't be able to do this one. He'll be with us in spirit the whole way.

And a big thank you to @KY Golfer who has stepped in as my new partner and is cut from the same cloth of goodness as @Parrot . I absolutely hit two royal flushes with partners.

The entire group has been good to get to know during the run up. Shout out to @outlawx who is here locally and we got a chance to play a couple of weeks ago. He's a great guy. He gave me some good advice about updating live rounds that I have been working on the rounds since.

And of course a huge thank you to the THP staff. Including all the information @JB and @GolferGal have provided to make it easy for a newbie to find their way through this.

I feel so lucky and blessed to be a part of this and can't wait to meet everyone in person. THP is amazing!!
It goes by so fast! Take lots of pictures and soak it in. Try and play good golf and get to know the brands that are putting on the show! It is something else.

Who's excited to get this kicked off?!

Can't wait for the shenanigans to begin and follow along!

Bags are packed. About to check in for my flight. 24 hours from now I'll be boarding a plane headed to Texas!

WWC presents too much upside to argue against. Count me in...

I'm so pumped for this event. I think it's going to be a barn burner coming down the stretch.

In the gym early out here in Vegas.
coleman ronnie GIF

Here's hoping you all "Get There". Lol

Just popped into my feed.

Wonder if they have Oaxaca Old Fashioned

It goes by so fast! Take lots of pictures and soak it in. Try and play good golf and get to know the brands that are putting on the show! It is something else.
Its so hard to manage it all. Especially in a competition round of sorts. You need to stay present for the golf, but you want to keep the guys updated on the forum, and then you also just have to take in the beautiful surroundings and the unbelievable hospitality of it all. Overwhelming is not doing the whole thing justice.

I'm totally tied up in an all day meeting won't be able to catch up on the thread until tomorrow while watching the Preview Show.

This is my first THP experience, so it is definitely a mix of excitement, anxiousness, and giddiness.

I have to give a shout out to @Pops . I'd been on the board for a bit...but really didn't get what the THP experiences were. Pops came down to DFW late last year and put up a post to see if anybody could meet him for a weekday round. I was able to meet up with him and learned what people said in that golf is better with THPers. He was keeping up with an experience on his phone and it was my golden chance to ask 'how do those work anyway?'

I was blown away...it sounded almost too good to be true. Made up my mind that day I was going to put in for the next one and was lucky to get selected. Ironically I found out on a golf course when I checked my phone and there were a zillion notifications on THP, lol.

A big thank you to my original tag team partner @Parrot . He is a pheonenal guy and patiently showed me the ropes of what is done prior to an event. It was gutting to get the call he was going to be in IR and not able to make this trip. He absolutely loves the experiences and I hate he won't be able to do this one. He'll be with us in spirit the whole way.

And a big thank you to @KY Golfer who has stepped in as my new partner and is cut from the same cloth of goodness as @Parrot . I absolutely hit two royal flushes with partners.

The entire group has been good to get to know during the run up. Shout out to @outlawx who is here locally and we got a chance to play a couple of weeks ago. He's a great guy. He gave me some good advice about updating live rounds that I have been working on the rounds since.

And of course a huge thank you to the THP staff. Including all the information @JB and @GolferGal have provided to make it easy for a newbie to find their way through this.

I feel so lucky and blessed to be a part of this and can't wait to meet everyone in person. THP is amazing!!
Way to jump in for your first experience! Definitely got a couple good dudes in @Parrot and @KY Golfer who set some tremendous examples. Have fun!

Its so hard to manage it all. Especially in a competition round of sorts. You need to stay present for the golf, but you want to keep the guys updated on the forum, and then you also just have to take in the beautiful surroundings and the unbelievable hospitality of it all. Overwhelming is not doing the whole thing justice.
The event will fly by. You just do your best to keep forum updated while also enjoying yourself.

Picking When Worlds Collide to win those two are going to be a force to be reckoned with at Briggs Ranch!

We can't wait to follow along! Safe travels and have an amazing time.

Jeez man. This is starting to hurt. But god bless those .89% of people who are backing Budget Golf.

I might just come in with a chip on my shoulder.
I will add- since I've kept the cards and the forum vote- we (THP community) are HORRIBLE at picking winners.

Back