Live Update Thread: Vegas for Shaft Up #2

Jkray and buckeye it was great meeting the two of you and spending a few days playing golf, eating amazing food and just hanging out.

I hope we cross paths again, and in the meantime I look forward to your reviews in the shaft threads.

You and Danny provided and unforgettable experience. Thank you to THP and UST Mamiya for all of it.

I love that the right shaft can increase clubhead speed and carry. The Helium continues to impress.

I love that the right shaft can increase clubhead speed and carry. The Helium continues to impress.

This was my first fitting. I keep reading and seeing things about this Helium shaft including Lions hoping another Shaft Up winner would get fit to it. I never considered it would be me. So far I’m impressed

This was my first fitting. I keep reading and seeing things about this Helium shaft including Lions hoping another Shaft Up winner would get fit to it. I never considered it would be me. So far I’m impressed

Enjoy it and watch how much it can change your game!

I think the most noticeable number that Danny was working on for me was my attack angle and launch angle.

Attack was -7 with my gamer. JB was saying most people hit up on it sweeping as they come through, typically a + number. My move toward the ball is aggressive and results in hitting “down” on it which resulted in low lofted balls.

The final setup was an F8 Head with 12g weight in the back to get the ball up higher, then Danny closed the club face a smidge, again to promote more loft. Lastly the V2 shaft allowed me to really go after it and keep up with my downswing. Not to mention a small adjustment of setup and dropping my right shoulder on address.

The result was a far better attack angle and increased launch angle, from 7-8 to 11-12.

Other numbers such as backspin were between 1900-2200. Swing speed around 111, ball speed 160ish. But the kicker was adding the loft. Carry distance increased. 276, 267, 280 were some of the carry numbers after the fact.

I have always hit it decently far but I had no idea how the launch angle and loft made a difference on length. It was certainly an eye-opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is really cool to see and hear. Amazing how a tweak here and there can impact flight and distance. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to play a round on my home course this morning. Here are some thoughts on the new driver after the fact.

I fought the occasional bad swing, but more consistent than I had been previously. Minor misses were less penal. All of my misses except maybe 1 or 2 were in a good playable position. Right now I’m giving the F8 head the credit for forgiveness.

No matter the swing, the ball just jumps off this club when I hit it. Struck well it’s fast, high, and deep. I hit some spots on the course that I haven’t reached with my old driver and drove it through 3 fairways. That’s completely the shaft. It’s stable and will let you step on it.

I’m excited to keep playing with it. My confidence in my driver is already increasing and I know this thing is giving me more distance that I’ve have yet.

UST Mamiya, THP, and the Shaft Up event just keeps giving.

bump for those who may be looking for something lol

Bumping this one for the Shaft Up Finale 2018!

If you have been living under a rock on THP, im bumping all Shaft Up threads from 2018!

Back