Review LogicalOne neuro Driver

TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
Good evening, hope y’all are doing well. I’m writing a review of the LogicalOne Golf neuro Driver. I came across the company on Instagram. Recently, @ddec reviewed the irons and wedges. I was curious about their driver and asked them if they’d be willing to send me one to test and review (*disclaimer: I did pay $20 to cover shipping). I’ve been using it now for a little over a month. I’ve hit hundreds of balls into my backyard net using my PRGR Portable Launch Monitor. I’ve also hit a lot of balls at the range with TopTracer mobile technology. And I’ve hit the course with it. Here’s a little background on the club and my thoughts/feedback.

For those who do not know of LogicalOne Golf, check out their website (https://logicalonegolf.com/). Their neuro driver is priced at $260.00 and $275.00 with the weight kit (I’d recommend getting the kit to help fine tune it to your game). You have three options to choose from in shaft flex (regular, stiff, and stiff+). The shaft is their own LogicalOne Leveler shaft, which is designed to create a higher launching and higher MOI driver.

IMG_2177.JPG

I had them send me a Stiff+ shaft with the weight kit. I wanted the club to try and closely match my Ping G425 Max driver. It’s the same length and with the addition of the 12 gram weight, the total weight of the club is about the same. The shaft is roughly 5 grams lighter than my Ping shaft, however.

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

The driver comes with a 7-gram weight, which sets the total head weight at 200 grams. As I said above I switched out the weights and put in the 12-gram weight to increase the clubhead weight to closer match my Ping.

I personally like the matte finish of the head that is like my Ping. I used to play a Titleist 907D2 awhile back and this driver has a certain Titleist style about it. The face of the club reminds me of my old Titleist driver. The crown has a simple white dot to help you line up your shots.

IMG_2175.JPG

To me the club sits pretty neutral, if not a tad closed at address.

The grip is black. The shaft is matte black. And the club head is black with just a tad of red. It isn’t over flashy, but still looks nice.

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

Here is a picture of the headcover that comes with it and the grip. No complaints on the grip. I normally play GolfPride grips and this grip feels good. I’ll see how it holds up over time.

Club Performance

Overall, the club performed very well. I wanted to compare it with my Ping G425 Max. Originally, I was hitting balls with the 7-gram weight. I noticed my ball speed was roughly 4 mph less than my Ping, which (according to the TopTracer driving range) ended up about 12-14 yards less off the tee.

I ended up switching out the 7-gram weight for the 12-gram weight and that was the ticket. My ball speed ended up a tad higher than the Ping and it meant an extra 7-10 yards off the tee. Additionally, I played a round with my buddy and let him use the LogicalOne driver for the round. He normally plays an old R7 driver and he his always 10-15 yards behind me off the tee. Using the LogicalOne driver, he was consistently 5-10 yards past me during the round. He liked it so much, he ended up purchasing a LogicalOne driver after the round.

One complaint I heard from our other buddies we were playing with is how loud the driver sounds. I didn’t really notice it because I’m used to playing the Ping driver and it is quite loud, but they did say the LogicalOne driver sounded a little louder to them than the Ping.

Hope you enjoyed the review. I will try and update this thread as I play more with the club. Please let me know if you have any questions or want any more pictures. The total price of this club with the weight kit is $275.00. For the price, this club performs. Give LogicalOne Golf a chance and check them out. I do not think you will be disappointed.

And reach out to them on Instagram if you have questions, they are responsive and very helpful.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 3
Great review, but did it have Far-giveness? :beat-up:

Great review, but did it have Far-giveness? :beat-up:
The Ping is well known as being very forgiving. My miss is typically a hard left hook. I didn’t notice this driver being really any less forgiving for me. If it was less forgiving, it wasn’t a noticeable amount.
I mean even my buddy who is a decent driver of the ball but not the most accurate of players was surprised when he hit every fairway when we played nine holes together last weekend. He said he was blown away by how forgiving it was. Now he was also comparing it to his old R7.

Has anyone else on here played this driver or has it currently in their bag?

Interesting stuff @GolfATXAtty. Pretty cool to see you get more yards over your gamer.

nice write up. i'd heard about it but didn't dive into it any further. not a fan of the script on the sole but it's always nice to see something new that works well for someone.

nice write up. i'd heard about it but didn't dive into it any further. not a fan of the script on the sole but it's always nice to see something new that works well for someone.
Would you like the script more if it wasn’t in red? Funny you mentioned that because one of my other buddies was looking at it and thought it would be better if the name “neuro” wasn’t so bold.

Let me start off by saying that it’s awesome that there is a club that performs better for you at a lower price. At the end of the day, golf at the amateur level is about having fun.

Where I struggle with this club is that it exists in a world where a Tour Edge Hot Launch C523 exists at the same price point, and comes with a UST Mamiya shaft and verified design.

I don’t mean this as a knock, obviously I haven’t tried the Neuro like you have. But I would love to see the comparison.

Let me start off by saying that it’s awesome that there is a club that performs better for you at a lower price. At the end of the day, golf at the amateur level is about having fun.

Where I struggle with this club is that it exists in a world where a Tour Edge Hot Launch C523 exists at the same price point, and comes with a UST Mamiya shaft and verified design.

I don’t mean this as a knock, obviously I haven’t tried the Neuro like you have. But I would love to see the comparison.
No knock at all. If I had that specific club, I’d love to compare the two and see the results.

Would you like the script more if it wasn’t in red? Funny you mentioned that because one of my other buddies was looking at it and thought it would be better if the name “neuro” wasn’t so bold.

i don't know...the font just looks "forced" onto it. i don't know if that makes sense...

i don't know...the font just looks "forced" onto it. i don't know if that makes sense...
Yeah I think I get what you’re saying.

Did they have any questions as to where your review would be seen before sending the driver or were just happy fir any exposure? To honest had I not seen thread this I would have never heard of them. I would think it’s a tough market for them to break into even at a low price point. So many good previous model drivers that can be had at a price point

Did they have any questions as to where your review would be seen before sending the driver or were just happy fir any exposure? To honest had I not seen thread this I would have never heard of them. I would think it’s a tough market for them to break into even at a low price point. So many good previous model drivers that can be had at a price point
I told them I was going to write a review on THP. I started reviewing clubs on here last year. I wrote one and had a blast so just kept doing it.
THP Staff have reviewed LogicalOne wedges and irons on here before. I agree it’s a tough market since there are a lot of DTC golf companies out there.

Reactions: MH
Back