Longest Par 3 You've Ever Played

Dozens that were over 240 yards. I don't play the tips often anymore but a course I belong to in N. Minnesota has a par 3 that is 227 yards off the 6,348 tees that are normally what I play. I've played it a couple of dozen times from the backs and it's 241.

The 11th hole at my home club has a green that is 60 yards long and is 246 yards from the back tees and 217 from the tees I normally play. It has a classic Biarritz green that Seth Raynor and C.B. McDonald were known for. Here's a picture from one of the bunkers on the back left of the green looking back at the tee. When putting into or across the swale, the putts can get interesting.

View attachment 8923118

That is a crazy nice looking green complex. Outstanding.

The second hole at Berkshire Valley (Jefferson Township, NJ) plays 240 from the regular tees and 258 from the tips. I usually hit 3w and then try to get up and down for par.

Also, no big deal that it's on the side of a mountain so you can't miss left or right. :cautious:

PINESscorecard.jpg
Played the Tiger tees once. Parred the longest par 3 in US...The Tiger tees were named before Tiger Woods was known....Longest course in World for past 35 years

Number 12 at Bandon Trails measures 242 from the tips. It often plays longer than that thanks to the wind. Last time I played it I hit driver and was about 20 feet short of the pin. Yeah, that’s fun.

My home course, from the tips, #8 plays 218 if the pin is back.

There may be longer par 3's that I've played, but hole #14 at Lake Arlington Golf Course in Arlington, TX plays 245 yards from the tips...and drops at least 50 yards in elevation. So it plays around 215-220 from the tips when the slope drop is factored in.

What makes this hole even harder is the protected grass area that runs the entire left side of the hole, water and OB beyond the hole, and an ALWAYS soggy landing area in front of the green because the hole is next to Lake Arlington's spillway that runs behind the hole.

Oh yeah...in the fall/winter it tends to play into the wind, so I've hit driver on the hole. And as little as 8 iron in the spring/summer when the wind shifts to make it downwind.

The attached picture was taken about halfway down the slope...so it looks less intimidating than it really is from the tips.

Par is a GREAT score on this hole, and I've birdied it maybe 3 times ever....
798ea7997c57a2fd3588a8d9021beb0c.jpg

About 230 I believe

Pretty sure it was right around 265. Championship tees. Some random stupid course

Probably 230? But it's a nasty par3 that has about an 80yd water carry that ends just right before the edge of the green.

17 at my course has played as long as 225 from the middle tees where we play our points game from, when the flag was way back. The old timers get a big advantage from their tee.

The second par 3 on my home course plays 259 regularly.

256 I think. I can't remember where, but the number is stuck in my head. I've played low 250s a bunch. #14 at Bali Hai in Vegas on Tuesday was playing 252/3 depending on whose laser you trusted.

My home club #10 plays anywhere from 228-242 from the 6,258 tees, and it's into the prevailing winds with a real small green and heavy rough short on the safe side, so I get plenty of practice on a long one.

225 at the course I grew up playing. My dad hits a knockdown driver.

235. Actually watched someone can a hybrid from those tees. Was crazy.

The 2nd hole at my home course can play up to around 220yds depending on tee and pin position

I have also played a 230yd uphill par 3 in one of our league matches

I know I've played a couple that were in the 225-235 range, but can't remember where.

I've played Old Union in the North Georgia mountains that has a 303 yard par 3 from the tips. It was 275 where I played it from. That whole course is crazy long. Almost 7600 from the tips. It is at 1800 feet elevation but there aren't many elevation changes on the course. That par 3 is totally flat. I came up short with a 3 wood and bogeyed.

I played a course in the Brainerd, MN area that had a Par 3 that was playing some 250 yards straight into a heavy wind. Was insane. Kind of a cool challenge though at the time. But, I wouldn't want to have to play that hole on a regular basis.

RTJ Trail Judge course at Capitol Hill. I think it's hole 12. From the tips it's around 270.

Back