Longest par 5+ you've ever played?

Come to Myrtle Beach and play Farmstead. The course is in both North and south Carolina and the 18th is a 767 yard par 6.

#10 at Webster Golf Club in Rochester, NY is about 592 from the blues and 603 for the black tees.

GolfinFF and I played a round over the weekend where one of the Par 5s was 562 from the blues. Went driver, 7 iron and 54 degree wedge to get there in 3.

Longest I have ever played is only a little over 600, but the tee shot is a straight dog leg left which always makes me lay back and hit 5 iron off the tee to get to the corner. It has woods on both sides of the dog leg so if you choose to go over the trees, you have to carry it just far enough to clear them and not too far as to go in the woods on the other side. Only par 5 I have ever played that I can't reach in 2 when playing well.

There was one hole we played at University Park, that I'm pretty sure was 1400 yards long. Or at least it felt like it with a 40mph headwind.

Alliance Nebraska
Sky view golf course
#8, Par 5, all uphill 591 yards. Plays longer and is tough into the wind..

#10 at Sand Creek Station in Newton, KS (who hosted the 2014 U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship) has that distinction for me, that I can recall off the top of my head. #10 plays out to 648 yards from the tips, and it's a little uphill, PLUS has water on the right just about the entire way up the fairway to the green.

Honorable mention goes to #6 (was #15 when I worked there) at Rolling Meadows Golf Course in Junction City, KS. This hole usually plays into the wind or a right to left wind. The card reads 628 from the tips, but when we would push the tee markers to the back end of the tee box and put the hole in the back left of the green, it would reach 650 yards. Most golfers wouldn't be able to even reach the start of the fairway from the tips, especially into the wind. You would need a monster drive, and a monster 3 wood to come close to hitting the green in two. From the tips pushed back to 650, I've never eagled that hole and I've played that hole a TON! Shoot, from the whites (at 570 yards) I've only eagled that hole a handful of times.

Last edited:
There was one hole we played at University Park, that I'm pretty sure was 1400 yards long. Or at least it felt like it with a 40mph headwind.

I loved UP when I played it years ago, must go back. My last few times in the area I've gone to Legacy instead. How do they compare nowadays? I'll be down that way in November.

There's one in Tennessee (don't remember the course) that's super long. When you get up to play your second shot, there's a plaque in the fairway that says "Just hit it."

I've played a lot over 600, these come to mind.

612y: Torrey Pines #9 from back tee
617y: TPC Stadium at PGA West #11
620y: Reserve @ Thunder Hill #8
658y: Silver Rock #12 from back tee
665y: Firestone South #16 from back tee

Last edited:
That's a hell of a list!

I've played a lot over 600, these come to mine.

612y: Torrey Pines #9 from back tee
617y: TPC Stadium at PGA West #11
620y: Reserve @ Thunder Hill #8
658y: Silver Rock #12 from back tee
665y: Firestone South #16 from back tee

That's a hell of a list!

The most memorable was Firestone. I hit driver, 5w, GW to 12 feet. Little bender to front middle pin and sank the birdie. There was an outing that day on the North course and a few people were over checking out the 16th and watched me and they cheered for the putt. Maybe 20 people, it was cool. It was 2 weeks after the PGA was there so the stands were still up too. Top 3 round of my life.

Back