Longest Par 5 You've Played

625 yards. Crazy thing is the course only plays 6300.

The 18th at Sevillano Links near Redding CA is 686 yards. Longer by about 40 yards than any other par 5 I've played. I played Hazeltine from the tips once and there were 3 par 5's over 600 yards with the longest being around 650.

I'd be guessing, but I'd say around 610y.

I don't know about par 5's , but I've played a par 6 hole (650yard 18th at Lake Chabot GC, Oakland, Ca.).
That's the one I was thinking of. 673 yards from the tips. Doglegs to the left about 350 yards out and downhill to a valley that is about 150 yards from the flag (but up, up, uphill to the green. It's possible to get there in 3 shots, but it takes three really quality shots.

#7 at my home course is 646 from the tips. It is ridiculously hard with a dog leg protected by water, etc. I feel like I played one longer than that in Ireland but I can’t remember the details.

Yes, 'da Bronx has golf courses!

One of them, Van Cortlandt State, est. 1895, is a short course from the tips at barely over 6,000 yards. But the #2 hole (I think it is) is a 619 yard par 5. Straight away but narrows at points... best of luck. Last time I played there might be 15-20 years ago. That kinda blows my mind.

Most recent long one is Belmont Lake in Rocky Mount, NC (GREAT course). It's #7 hole is 602 yards.

Played there often and maddeningly enough, it's always played into the wind for me. So 602 turns into 640 or more, real quick.

Another one, straight away with a slight dogleg left that never really comes into play as each shot is long and you're just trying to advance it straight. Fair hole though with ample bailout left of the large green. Love playing this one.

The following 236 yard par 3 played often into a crosswind? Not so much.

773 at TPC Colorado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

587 is the longest for me Driver, hybrid, 9 iron

Just wondering what the longest Par 5 hole you've ever played. There are two such holes in the area of the western suburbs of Chicago where I live. One of them is the 11th hole at a course in Algonquin, Il called the Golf Club of Illinois. The hole playe's 609 yds from the white tees. The other would have been at a course down south of me called Big Run Golf Club. Saddly if the rumors are correct this course is now closed forever. The 9th hole on this course measured 611 yds from the white tees also.

I live in Lemont. Big Run is not closed....yet! The property is sold. They're keeping it quiet now but next year should be the last operating year. My family has a permanent tee time there on Sunday's and asked if we were going to keep our same tee time. I wouldn't be shocked if it doesnt open next year. It handles water terribly b/c of the elevation and hole 18 (a par 5) was closed more than half of the year b/c it was flooded almost all year. It played as a 250 yd par 4

But yea the 9th hole is insane. 610+ from the whites ( I think tips are 630) and what makes it harder is its not a straight hole. Trees line up the whole fairway and any miss 5 yards off the fairway youll be punching out. There is not one section of a flat fairway on that entire hole!! At best, if in the fairway, your ball will be either a foot below or foot above your stance. As if that isn't hard enough already, then within 120 yards a tree hangs over the right and blocks half of the green for your approach. Massive 2 tiered green surrounded by 4 bunkers... yea I HATE that hole lol

Played Wake Forest Country Club back in the 90's and it's 1st hole, a par 5, was 710 yds. Driver, driver, wedge to get on the green. For that course, I actually carried 2 different drivers in the bag. My usual 9* tee driver and then a 10.5* smaller head driver that played well for me off the deck.
WFCC Scorecard

I've played a few that have pushed 600, but don't think they ever exceeded 600. The length was intimating and I kind of just wanted to get the hole over with after a messed up shot or two early on. This was many years ago and I would like to think I am mentally better at staying calm during the hole, but i guess I need another shot at one of them to prove it.

#16 at Waverly Oaks in Plymouth, Ma. 636 from the tips. I've only played from the back once and it's an absolute brute. Usually into the wind as well. Normally play from gold or green, 606 and 577 respectively.

I believed we played 18 at Boulder Creek at 625 for Regional Rivalry. Also we played #8 at Bellerive from the Tips one day in Shaft Up, and that was around 620 as well.

Num.9 on the Island Nine at Champions Retreat designed by Arnold Palmaer here in Augusta is 580+. That is more than enough for me, especially because it always seems to be wet every time I play there.

When I was a Clublink (think Clubcorp in the US) member, my home course Bondhead had a South and North courses. South course # 12 plays at 574 (white), 601 (blue), 632 (gold) and 670 (black). Forced carry over thick fescue to an upsloped fairway. In my good days, I probably had an average drive of 270, now about 250. Even going driver and then driver again off the deck couldn't get me there in 2.

# 10 at Thorntree Country Club, Desoto Texas.......667 from the tips. I have made birdie a few time...not lately

18th hole is a 677yd par 5 from the tips at Los Serranos South in Chino Hills, Ca.

590. Though the toughest was a 570 uphiller.

I've played several par 5's that had 600-625 yards in length.
There is one par 6 on a course 15 min from home that plays 777 yards from the tips.
That is the longest hole I have ever played.

The Links.JPG

Have you not played Lake Chabot in Oakland Hills? One of the Par 5s there is 600+ from the Blue tees..... Of course most of which is severely downhill

That's a Par 6 actually so in this case it doesn't apply

I've played a handful of 600+ par-5's. That definitely changes the scoring opportunities as opposed to 550 or less as it takes reaching in 2 out of consideration (for me), and means you really can't have a throw away shot and still make par.

Farmstead in North Carolina actually has a Par 6 - 767 from the tips. The hole starts in South Carolina and the green is in North Carolina.

Longest hole I've played as well - 679 from the whites.

Longest par 5 would be Butternut in Stow, MA - Hole #10 600 from the whites and 625 from the tips (have played both). Best score was a double, but it's a sh***y designed hole (locals will know what I'm talking about).

one of my local courses has a 610 par 5. i have never sniffed reaching in 2. usually driver, 3 wood and i'm still 170 out. that is if i hit the first 2 shots real nice.

I think the longest I've played is 611 at my current home course, Rivercut hole #10 off back tees. I've only played it off the blacks a few times because the course plays almost 7100 from back there, (aka WAAY past my horse power), and we usually either play blues at 6536 or whites at 6019. Because the way the hole is designed with water cutting across the fairway about 115 out, water all down the left, and me being a shorter player who hooks it, this particular hole doesn't play all that differently from the tips than it does blues (576) or whites (533). The clubs change a little but the shots are essentially the same. Assuming a decent average drive I'm probably laying up regardless. It's likely D/3i/6i from the tips, D/4i/7ior8i from blues and D/6ior7i/9iorPW from whites. I've gone for the 200 ish yard carry over the creek a few times from the whites but it's usually a disaster and there's no real reward for me if I'm successful. Essentially if I go for it I'm shooting for a smaller target 90 out instead of big layup target about 120 out.
rc10.PNG

Last edited:
It's probably #5 at Copperhead which tipped out was at 607. That made for a long hole.

Back