Look What I found In The Back Of The Closet

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
OK, it's just myself and the wife and it's New Year's Day early afternoon. We're just kinda sitting around watching TV and I'm not really focused on what was on. The wife say's, "Will you help me with something."Right away I know I'm in trouble, my nice quiet afternoon is about to turn into a work session, rats. My famous last words, "Yes, dear!" o_O So we started pulling stuff out of the closet in our bedroom and she's trying to decide to what to keep and what to discard. We get way back in the closet and buried back in the right corner was something I'd not seen in about 20 years. It was a couple of old antique golf clubs I had gotten from my wife's mother before she passed away. I'd forgotten I even still had these clubs. So long story short I thought I share some pics of them with you THPers. :)

The first one is an old wooden shafted straight putter. 20200102_022237.jpg

20200102_022243.jpg

20200102_023012.jpg

This next one has a fiber glass shaft on it I think. It's a 4i.

20200102_022144.jpg

20200102_022137.jpg

20200102_022947.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, stiff shaft ? Extra spin tuned face ?

Awesome!

Cool find, it’s always crazy seeing old
Clubs compared to what is out there now

Damn that is a cool find

Very cool!! No more "new" clubs for you this year. :ROFLMAO:

Very cool!! No more "new" clubs for you this year. :ROFLMAO:

You're right there, kinda have been on a spending spree. Now the fun part is coming, using them on the course. ;)

Do you know how old those clubs are?

Not really. I got them from my wife's mother before she passed on. They had been sitting in an old golf bag in her garage. Just guessing here, but the wooden shafted one might be forties and the fiber glass shafted on might be from the fifties. Just a guess on my part, as I said. :unsure:

Last edited:
Not really. I got them from my wife's mother before she passed on. They had been sitting in an old golf bag in her garage. Just guessing here, but the wooden shafted one might be forties and the fiber glass shafted on might be from the fifties. Just a guess on my part, as I said. :unsure:

Really interesting to see how people played back in the past.

I like the design of the mashie. It's fascinating to look at it and think that that was the club type / design that people played with. And looking at it makes one realize how far club design has come.

I like the design of the mashie. It's fascinating to look at it and think that that was the club type / design that people played with. And looking at it makes one realize how far club design has come.

I like the look of the old putter. I will probably be giving it a use or two on an indoor putting surface just to see what it felt like. (y)

Which reminds me.. I need to catalog my collection.

Back