Looking for golf partners in Miami

jb8396

Baron
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,
My name is Jeremy (26y old), I'm somewhat new to golf and new to Miami. I travel a lot and so I spend around 5-6month per year in Miami.
I would love to find golf partners to hit the course with.
If you're interested, don't be afraid and feel free to comment on this post.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP. I know we have a few folks down that way.

@jb8396 welcome to THP! I live in Kendall and would be more than happy to tee it up sometime. Feel free to reach out. I’m not playing as much as I used to, but I am still getting out from time to time. I can also get you connected with a few groups that have monthly games, and the 9 hole league I am in.

Welcome to THP.

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum

Welcome you found a great site, yes there are members in your area, and do take up @BigDill on his offer - you'll be in for a treat, good player, nice guy, great sense of humor. Heck I'd almost fly down for another opportunity to play.

Welcome you found a great site, yes there are members in your area, and do take up @BigDill on his offer - you'll be in for a treat, good player, nice guy, great sense of humor. Heck I'd almost fly down for another opportunity to play.
“Almost” is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that post 😂😂😂

It'll happen, I don't think I have family there anymore either moved or passed away. But spent most of my Christmas vacation youth terrorizing to hotels the Hawaiian Inn and Hawaiian Isle (next to each other) about 15 family member would go for vacation to see family there - miss those times. So, I could easily see myself doing just that - just not on Spirit bus-airlines. I'm not sitting in those bolted down plastic patio chairs! For real adventure - maybe I'll drive! My wife would gladly spend the day at the beach - still clear water and sugar sand beaches - great food and entertainment. What's not to like?

It'll happen, I don't think I have family there anymore either moved or passed away. But spent most of my Christmas vacation youth terrorizing to hotels the Hawaiian Inn and Hawaiian Isle (next to each other) about 15 family member would go for vacation to see family there - miss those times. So, I could easily see myself doing just that - just not on Spirit bus-airlines. I'm not sitting in those bolted down plastic patio chairs! For real adventure - maybe I'll drive! My wife would gladly spend the day at the beach - still clear water and sugar sand beaches - great food and entertainment. What's not to like?
Would love for that to happen.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

moving from california to miami fl in a few months. i know Florida has great golf but miami doesn’t seem to have as many options as other parts of the state. i’d love to hear some suggestions for finding great golf that’s not super expensive for regular play purposes. especially looking for good practice areas not connected to a country club. if I have to, i’ll consider a country club if they are golf focused and don’t come with status symbol member fees. thanks for any input.
@BigDill could make you some recommendations. I haven’t played in the Miami area in some time, so I don’t know the current fees for the local public courses.

Welcome to THP.

moving from california to miami fl in a few months. i know Florida has great golf but miami doesn’t seem to have as many options as other parts of the state. i’d love to hear some suggestions for finding great golf that’s not super expensive for regular play purposes. especially looking for good practice areas not connected to a country club. if I have to, i’ll consider a country club if they are golf focused and don’t come with status symbol member fees. thanks for any input.
Welcome to THP! Country clubs down here are going to require a steep initiation and then a hefty monthly, generally speaking. Also, Miami is a big place. If you let me know where you will be I can narrow down to specific courses. But I would look into:

Palmetto (Miami-Dade county course)
Crandon (Miami-Dade county course)
Miami Shores
Miami Springs (just reopening)
Miami Lakes (formerly Shula’s but now buildings under reconstruction and practice area isn’t robust)
Normandy Shores

I can name a bunch more if you give me some more info.

Back