Kinda irks the heck outa me. I hit high, I mean Space Shuttle, moon balls high. I have a Cleveland SL290 in 9 with a 45" medium launch shaft in it. SS is around 92 with the driver. Still hit 150- 220 feet in the air. Only 200-210 carry. I've got a 9 1/2 K15 with a Prolaunch Red in it. Lowest launch I can get is 15 degrees. Spin is excellant right around 2200. But still only 220 carry on the monitor. I've also got a SMT Indio head with a Prolaunch Axis Red in it. Lowest I can get out of that is 14 degrees and 2200 spin.

I know it is partially my swing. But I hit lower lofts better than higher. I hate the feel of most adjustable drivers. Ping is the only one I like the feel of. I guess I'll end up bagging components soon. No major manufactuer is going to make a glued up 8 1/2 or lower driver any more.

I am by no means a big hitter. I was tought the one swing for all method. I use the same swing for driver, woods,hybrids and irons. I do fairly well with it. But to go forward with the offerings coming out I'd have to relearn how to hit a driver. Makes me mad I can't get a lower launching head in 7 1/2 or 8 1/2.
I'll just have to bag older equipment or components.

Mark Shuman

Given 92 SS, 2200 spin and 15* launch, then 220-230 carry is basically what you'll get. So not really that far off by the sounds with the K15.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yea Ghost I know:act-up:. It's just getting that 220-230 that's eluding me. I get 200 maybe 210 at best and no roll out. I loose so much energy going straight up that I don't get any carry. Trying to get a little under 15 say 13 and the same spin numbers. That should get me the carry I need. When I hit it high like that I seem to keep climbing. It never flattens out near the top. I'm looking to get that kind of flight. I'd take high if I could get the carry. But I don't.

So I'm looking to launch lower with decent spin and see if that works. Gotta wait till the northeast thaws out first. Then I can get some range time. Monitors are fine but at the range is where the proof in the pudding is.

Mark Shuman

Yea Ghost I know:act-up:. It's just getting that 220-230 that's eluding me. I get 200 maybe 210 at best and no roll out. I loose so much energy going straight up that I don't get any carry. Trying to get a little under 15 say 13 and the same spin numbers. That should get me the carry I need. When I hit it high like that I seem to keep climbing. It never flattens out near the top. I'm looking to get that kind of flight. I'd take high if I could get the carry. But I don't.

So I'm looking to launch lower with decent spin and see if that works. Gotta wait till the northeast thaws out first. Then I can get some range time. Monitors are fine but at the range is where the proof in the pudding is.

Mark Shuman

In case you might not be aware, there is a section of this site regarding the swing and a certain member can try and help you out. See if you can get a video of your swing and Freddie might be able to look at it for you. There's a chance your problem might not actually be what you think.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?29-Swing-Tips-With-Freddie-Kong

I'd love to but unfortunatly I don't have the equipment to take a vidio. I know that my swing speed will only give me at most 230 carry. I'm fine with that. I just cannot reach out that far with a driver. Best I can do without swinging like Magilla Gorilla is 210. Normal is right on 200. My descending angle is way too steep. I get a hop and stop from drives. I can hit my K15 5 wood as far as my driver. Just can't finger what the issue is.

Spring cannot come soon enough. I have an open offer on a 9 1/2 Anser driver from my local shop. They open in 2 weeks again. I hit it last year at the end of the season. That club worked for me. They'll open just in time for my Birthday:clap:. So I'll take them up on it. I know it's the Indian not the arrow. I've been on the lookout for a driver that I can work with. I have a K15 9 1/2 with a PL Red in it that on the monitor looks good. But the range is the only place to find out for real.

So the plan is to find a driver or 2 that I can work with. Then take a lesson or 2 specificly on the big stick. The pro my shop has is really good teacher and he is able to teach me(which is an amazing feat in itself!)well.

It just seems for me anything that remotely works is lower in loft or low spin. Sad to see low lofts slowly drying up. I'd love to get my hands on a G30 in 7 1/2. But not even available. I guess it's a sign of the times. Just saddens me.

Btw I'll give freddie a look Sunday. Thanks for the link.

Mark Shuman

Back