Lowest NET you've ever scored - what happened?

I think I had a couple net 65s. I don't think cap has moved that much. Not super fluky, might question the ratings. Net golf is stupid. :LOL:
Tell me how you really feel!

I also don't like the rules of golf, but different ones Mr 8.1. ;)

Tell me how you really feel!

I also don't like the rules of golf, but different ones Mr 8.1. ;)

I was trying to protect you! A guy makes an issue of it during an event, arguments ensue, strokes are added, years of repressed rage towards moronic a-holes come out, you beat a man half to death, and next thing you know can't even THP because they don't allow Internet use in prison.

So you're welcome. :p

I don't know the exact net number, but I was playing as roughly a 17 and shot an 84 (+12) gross. It was just one of those days where everything clicked. I was in play off the tee (so lower than normal penalty strokes), and frankly was just advancing the ball on nearly each swing. If I wasn't on the green in regulation I was at least close by and had a reasonable shot at getting up and down for par or bogey at worst. The other thing that stood out where it was one of those days where my mistakes didn't compound. I still had holes where I had a lateral hazard, but rather than follow it up with another terrible shot I would actually recover. On that day #9 was a par 5 that I popped drive into a hazard. Took my drop, hit a not great contact 4-iron that still advanced the ball, dropped an 8-iron to 6 feet and dropped the putt to save bogey. It seems every time that happens this year the hole just goes to crap and leads to a double or triple.

My best this year is 71 off an 86 gross.

Last summer, I got hot with the driver and putter one round and shot 79 for a net of 67. I was at 11.1 with a course handicap of 12.

3 years ago when I was at 14, I shot a 77 for a net of 63, which is my personal best net.

I was trying to protect you! A guy makes an issue of it during an event, arguments ensue, strokes are added, years of repressed rage towards moronic a-holes come out, you beat a man half to death, and next thing you know can't even THP because they don't allow Internet use in prison.

So you're welcome. :p

+9. I was a 15 at the time and just had a magical round and shot a 76.

Lowest for me was net -5. Shot a personal best round by several strokes. Looking back at the data, while I only had 25% fairways hit, there were no bad misses so I had nearly 60% GIR. The bad part was I had 37 putts, including five 3-putts. Bummer knowing terrible putting kept me from breaking 80.

As a 6.9 I shot a 2 over 73, net 6 under.

-7 I think. Normally my great rounds involve taking advantage of the par 5s, getting up and down when missing a green, and making more putts than a usual round.

About 4 years ago I had two Even Par 72's in a row as a an 8 hc for net 64's. The first was my 2nd round after tweaking my back in the first round of the day during a Memorial Day tournament. Lots of beer and whisky had me loose and I decided to play the 2nd swinging easy and shot 72. Once of the reasons I decided to play was it was the first day of qualifying for a local tournament between the four clubs here. I could barely walk the next day and went to the chiropractor then Iced the rest of the week. I got off Friday and my buddy wanted to try and qualify. I decided to play with him and shot another 72. He shot his best score ever too with a 76 net 64. Somehow neither of us managed to qualify.

My Index went from 7.2 on June 1st to 3.6 on July 1st haha. A couple years before that I shot an even 72 from our tips which was my first time shooting even. I can't remember where my index was at the time but it was probably the same or maybe a little lower. I think it probably would have been a net 63 or 62 though.

I think the only time I've ever paid attention to Net is in a tournament where 1st and 2nd net get payouts. After a round, I look at gross only since that's what I actually shot lol

I figured my lowest was 66 when I broke 80 last year. My handicap was 13 at the time. I checked some other random scores and found one just as low when my handicap was higher. Don’t really remember the second round but the first one I just got very hot on the second 9 and shot par.

My lowest that I recall was an 89 when I was a 22.5 HC for a net 67. I bet I had a lower than that when I first started tracking my GHIN because I quickly started shooting in the mid to low 90s but would also shoot 110/120 regularly. I probably had something in the 93-95 range when I was a 27-30 HC before one of those rounds lowered my HC.

Shot a net 63 the first time I broke 80. I was a 14-15 HDCP at the time but had just finished taking lessons for the first time in my life and was better than my handicap suggested. I'd fall to 11-ish in the next couple of months.

The best I have done was I shot a 73 when I was an 8 for a net -7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Currently a 16 handicap, I think at the time I was 12-13? I shot a 73 from one tee up on an already far too short course with a par of 66. Lots of luck, combined with a good run of everything working at once, and a general poor course management skill typically.

Last edited:
When I had a 38 HC, I shot 100, giving a net 63 given the course handicap

Back