LPGA Ford Championship in Gilbert, AZ March 28-31

El Rayo X

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone plan on going?
I'd like to drive up, but I'm waiting to see who is in the field.
Wondering how many big names will be playing leading up to the Chevron ( Major ) the following week?

Tickets are $40, and $15 for off sight parking at Gilbert Regional Park
No wonder the LPGA has trouble getting fans on sight

The field is stacked, all the top players will be there: Minjee Lee, Brooke Henderson, Rose Zhang, Lilia Vu, Linn Grant, Ayaka Furue, Leona Maguire
The marquee pairings for Thurs/Friday are: Lexi Thompson, Charley Hull, Alison Lee (aka the smoke show) and Nelly Korda, Lydia Ko, Celine Boutier

My weekend is packed with Easter stuff. If I can get out there Friday, I will. It is very close to my house and I played there a number of times when it was still open to the public.

Holes 16,17,18 are great if they haven’t changed layout: drivable par 4>island par 3>reachable par 5.

Last edited:
Im tomorrow. These two groups are the ones I’ll follow

IMG_0565.jpegIMG_0564.jpeg

GC is giving us a whopping 2 hours of coverage. Include the commercials and Pressel pontificating we might get to see an hour of golf.

It's not like the Texas tournament is a stacked field.

It be nice if ESPN+ picked up some ladies golf instead of some stupid TGL.

GC is giving us a whopping 2 hours of coverage. Include the commercials and Pressel pontificating we might get to see an hour of golf.

It's not like the Texas tournament is a stacked field.

It be nice if ESPN+ picked up some ladies golf instead of some stupid TGL.
They should probably do a shotgun to maximize the TV time they got. 😈

IMG_0606.jpegIMG_0605.jpegIMG_0603.jpegI followed Hull, Lexi and Alison Lee. Tee to green they were awesome. Very long drivers , I was surprised by how far back Hull played driver. Here are some pictures and videos from today.

IMG_0608.jpegIMG_0607.jpeg

Excited to go out there tomorrow with my daughter.

Beautiful day out there

IMG_1285.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpeg
    IMG_1284.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1283.jpeg
    IMG_1283.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1282.jpeg
    IMG_1282.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1274.jpeg
    IMG_1274.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 5
Pajaree Anannarukarn with a bogey-free -9 under 63. Super impressive. All the ladies are shooting lights out with 19 players shooting -6 under 66 or better. Super high level golf.

Watched Linn Grant pound a 303 yard drive on 9 yesterday. 50 yards past her partners.
That kid is a BEAST!
If I lived up in the PHX area, I'd go again today
As an aside, the couse is nice, but I thought very forgiving for the pros, you'd really have to hit a horrible shot to get in trouble yesterday. It's only protection was the pins on a few holes.
If the wind blows as predicted, that could change a bit.

Last edited:
Back