LPGA vs PGA Tourney?

GolfLivesMatter

Reaction score
Handicap
What would be the outcome if the LPGA and PGA had a tourney where the women played from tees that matched their distances vs. men's distance? Does anyone think the either tour would dominate? Would any woman possibly be in the top 10? I ask because Sorenstam played in the Colonial and beat a lot of the guys.

What would be the outcome if the LPGA and PGA had a tourney where the women played from tees that matched their distances vs. men's distance? Does anyone think the either tour would dominate? Would any woman possibly be in the top 10? I ask because Sorenstam played in the Colonial and beat a lot of the guys.

Back in the day didn’t she play from the men’s tees?

Sent from HTX

She played from the same tees as the men and missed the cut. She didn't beat "a lot of guys."

So say the PGA players play from 7400 yards and the LPGA players from 6500. I'll still take the PGA Tour players in that scenario because they are able to hit the ball higher with more spin, and I'll assume that it's set up with fast and firm conditions.

She played from the same tees as the men and missed the cut. She didn't beat "a lot of guys."

So say the PGA players play from 7400 yards and the LPGA players from 6500. I'll still take the PGA Tour players in that scenario because they are able to hit the ball higher with more spin, and I'll assume that it's set up with fast and firm conditions.

Ok not all the guys...

Sorenstam, Annika 145
Barber, Aaron 146
Brooks, Mark 146
Edwards, Joel 146
Estes, Bob 147
Ogilvy, Geoff 147
Pohl, Dan 147
McLean, James 148
Sutherland, Kevin 148
McCarron, Scott 150
Perks, Craig 150
Curl, Rod 154

Let's make it a discussion.

Let's say, who would win... on the same course, same tees, straight up even match.

Jim Furyk https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.10809.jim-furyk.html

or

Jessica Korda http://www.lpga.com/players/jessica-korda/88399/stats

Jim averages 273.7 yards off the tee and hits 70.9% of his fairways.

Jessica averages 274.3 yards off the tee and hits 71.07% of her fairways.

Discuss...

I'm shocked her average drives are the same! Based on stats....it would be a horse race.

are the fairways 40 yards wide and the caddies lining up every shot?

Let's make it a discussion.

Let's say, who would win... on the same course, same tees, straight up even match.

Jim Furyk https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.10809.jim-furyk.html

or

Jessica Korda http://www.lpga.com/players/jessica-korda/88399/stats

Jim averages 273.7 yards off the tee and hits 70.9% of his fairways.

Jessica averages 274.3 yards off the tee and hits 71.07% of her fairways.

Discuss...

lol wouldn't be much of a match unless Furyk gives her 2 a side

I would say it is a ratio of 50 to 1 LPGA to PGA as far as caddies standing behind the player and lining them up

The LPGA players are straighter off the tee than the men and hit as many greens but their greenside short game and putting is not even close to the men. It’s really counterintuitive but for some reason the women just don’t get up and down or putt nearly as well as they do on the PGA Tour.

Jessica Korda vs. Jim Furyk today, I'm taking Korda.
Back in the day, I'd take Furyk everyday and twice on Sunday.
In general, I think the PGA guys are better. Could a woman make the cut and place in the money, from their tees? Yes.
I don't think they could win in a full field event.
Besides, the ladies tour is perfect for them and is exciting to watch. Don't know why there would be a need for a crossover.

Why not do something similar to the Zurich and team up a PGA and LPGA player? See how it goes.

Remember the (I believe) Monday night golf with Duvall and Woods? I bet if Woods and say, Dustin Johnson paired up with two top LPGA players in a scramble it would draw tons of viewers.

Why not do something similar to the Zurich and team up a PGA and LPGA player? See how it goes.

I really like this idea

Sent from HTX

Are they playing a course setup for the PGA Tour or the LPGA Tour?

Wait, They aren't setup the same?? I'm not talking about distance either.

How about a blend? It would be for fun anyway. And I'd set my DVR today for the event. I think the PGA and LPGA should mix it up a bit, heck they're all at the top of their games!

How about a blend? It would be for fun anyway. And I'd set my DVR today for the event. I think the PGA and LPGA should mix it up a bit, heck they're all at the top of their games!

What does a blend mean? Slow fairways and greens that run 13 on a stimp?

Either way I am not watching PGA vs LPGA. You want to play a mixed teams match I might consider it.

What does a blend mean? Slow fairways and greens that run 13 on a stimp?

Either way I am not watching PGA vs LPGA. You want to play a mixed teams match I might consider it.

Make the fairways 50 feet wide...with 20 on the stimp...doesn't matter. My thought is to have an event where PGA and LPGA players are paired...like a scramble.

Make the fairways 50 feet wide...with 20 on the stimp...doesn't matter. My thought is to have an event where PGA and LPGA players are paired...like a scramble.

Communication between paired teammates could prove difficult with many LPGA not speaking English.

didn’t tony finau and lexi thompson pair up at the diamond resorts invitational this year? seemed to me that she really struggled to play her game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A guy would absolutely light up a 6500 yard course, but I don’t think the difference would be that big.

A girl would get eaten alive on a PGA course. It’s kinda like when a 78-83 avg player goes with a 85-90 avg player I think. Typically on an easier, shorter course you’ll only be a few shots apart, however you go to the tougher, longer track and the guy with consistency will stay close to that 80, while the 90 avg guy could see it absolutely balloon up.

I would say the girls would have a ton of doubles and triples, with that kind of distance any errant shots would be devastating

Back