lukemartin93's Club Champion "Cobra" Wedge Fitting

lukemartin93

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
After my iron fitting, we moved onto the wedges. I currently game 52, 56, and 60 degree wedges from Cleveland and Adams.

The fitter had me hit a handful of balls with my 56 degree Zipcore Wedge. Like my irons, I hit them high and spun them a lot. He told me that they did not have any snakebite wedges but suggested that go with the same shafts as my irons as well as lowering my lofts to 50, 54, 58. He also suggested to have a gw in the set instead of the 50. I did not hit any of their wedges.

The wedge fitting was definitely the shortest of my fittings and left a lot to be desired.

After my iron fitting, we moved onto the wedges. I currently game 52, 56, and 60 degree wedges from Cleveland and Adams.

The fitter had me hit a handful of balls with my 56 degree Zipcore Wedge. Like my irons, I hit them high and spun them a lot. He told me that they did not have any snakebite wedges but suggested that go with the same shafts as my irons as well as lowering my lofts to 50, 54, 58. He also suggested to have a gw in the set instead of the 50. I did not hit any of their wedges.

The wedge fitting was definitely the shortest of my fittings and left a lot to be desired.
Hmm… I hope you’re able to actually hit something. Those Snakebite wedges look nice!

Hmm… I hope you’re able to actually hit something. Those Snakebite wedges look nice!
I hope so too! definitely curious what our options will be. may have to really lean on the past MCers

😕

That kinda sucks. I don't get fitting wedges on a mat, at all.

"I usually just match the iron shafts" seems to be a popular phrase. I heard the same one.

😕

That kinda sucks. I don't get fitting wedges on a mat, at all.

"I usually just match the iron shafts" seems to be a popular phrase. I heard the same one.
Did you end up going with the matching shafts?

Snakebites have some thump. Super solid feeling and they spin like crazy. I went with the GW instead of a 50 degree and initially I wasn’t sold on it but the set wedge has really grown on me. Your going to have some fun with the new sticks for sure my man.

I originally played the set GW. Then when the wedges before SB came out I went with 50, 56 (bent to 55), 60. Wasn't as good for me so went back to set GW when SB came out and got 56 (again bent to 55) and 60.

Hitting wedges indoors for infoother than feel is a waste of time, and money if they charged you.

Wedge fitting indoors has to be tough. Unless you swing them full and that's about all I could think of that would actually be advantageous. Still hard with what they are generally used for and I would want to see some action in the real world.

Shafts have never matched my iron set but may consider if they were full send clubs. Just always went with what the OEM put in them.

Never had a gap in the iron set, but once I tried one I will look to them going forward for another full swing club.

We need to get a round in before you move if possible.

@lukemartin93 i would try to hit the cobra wedges once we know what we can choose.

as a point of reference, I have 82g Recoil graphite shafts in my irons. But my wedges have Nippon 115 in them.

I play a lot of hard pan. I am a sweeper so play a C grind. I’ll be in the Cobra Versitile grind.

sorry the fitting didn't go to plan... sounds like you have some time and perhaps a chance to talk to other historic MCers!

Back