M1 vs M2 vs RBZ Black

cmccray

Reaction score
I've been playing the VRS Covert driver since it's release and I'm ready to upgrade. I hit it well so I've looked to the Vapor Speed and Vapor Fly for about $120. Now Golf Avenue has the M1, (good condition), M2 (very good condition) and RBZ Black (new) on sale for about $170 each. I figure it's probably worth it to upgrade to a Taylormade driver but wasn't sure, I haven't hit them much. I like that the RBZ Black is brand new but I'm worried it's going to feel cheap because of that original price point even though a lot of reviewers seem to like it. But now that the M1 and M2 are close in price, that changes how they would probably view these clubs. Does anyone have opinions on the Taylormades or Nikes?

I played the M1 driver and fairway they in my opinion are the best ones since r9. Have not hit the RBZ but the looks of it turned me off . Many good deals on the m1 and 2’s.

M2 is a great club. Can you hit them all?

It's such a personal preference. I didn't like the feel of the Vapors much when I tried them. The M2 is pretty beloved, but I really loved the M1. I feel like the RBZ line was a huge success because I think they're pretty forgiving, and sound and feel good, but I spun them up a little too much.

The price of them is what's drawing my focus. When I sold my M1 in pristine condition I think I got $118 for it, so $170 feels high. The original M2's are pretty sought after so $170 for a good one seems more reasonable.

I played an M1 for awhile but switched to a Callaway Epic as it performed better for me. I would recommend trying a few models before choosing.

I've been playing the VRS Covert driver since it's release and I'm ready to upgrade. I hit it well so I've looked to the Vapor Speed and Vapor Fly for about $120. Now Golf Avenue has the M1, (good condition), M2 (very good condition) and RBZ Black (new) on sale for about $170 each. I figure it's probably worth it to upgrade to a Taylormade driver but wasn't sure, I haven't hit them much. I like that the RBZ Black is brand new but I'm worried it's going to feel cheap because of that original price point even though a lot of reviewers seem to like it. But now that the M1 and M2 are close in price, that changes how they would probably view these clubs. Does anyone have opinions on the Taylormades or Nikes?
This guy is worth keeping an eye on. He usually has a good selection and he only sells authentic clubs. His transaction numbers and feedback is stellar. I bought my entire set of Apex irons from him with the plastic still on the heads for a touch over $300.00. He DOES sell some used clubs but he's up front about the condition in the listing and the majority of his stuff is new. Seller is ksouth9

ksouth9 ebay store (drivers)

I'm still gaming the M1 even though it hates me.

It's such a personal preference. I didn't like the feel of the Vapors much when I tried them. The M2 is pretty beloved, but I really loved the M1. I feel like the RBZ line was a huge success because I think they're pretty forgiving, and sound and feel good, but I spun them up a little too much.

The price of them is what's drawing my focus. When I sold my M1 in pristine condition I think I got $118 for it, so $170 feels high. The original M2's are pretty sought after so $170 for a good one seems more reasonable.

This is what I'm seeing for the 2017 M1: https://www.golfavenue.com/us/taylormade-m1-460-2017-driver-tm-d37774

I haven't shopped around a bunch yet so that may be high. The 2016 version is a little bit cheaper but most are more beat up than I'd like and they're still higher than what you sold yours for. It seems like the adjustability of the M1s keep them just a bit higher than the M2s.

Do you like the adjustability of it? That seems like the only thing holding me back from the M2.
If you don't mind me asking, what is your budget?

Do you like the adjustability of it? That seems like the only thing holding me back from the M2.

I do, but I'm a tinkerer. I love being able to adjust it based on how I'm swinging for the day. For me it helps because of how inconsistent my swing is in relation to the wind I play in.

This may be worth a look. I've dealt with Global Golf a few times, Never had any issues.

TaylorMade M3

I liked the idea of the adjustability but the m1 did not play as well for me as my m2 did

That said, I have my 2017 m2 just sitting around now that I have my ping... if interested to experiment with PM me, I even have an extra shaft or two for you to try out with it

For what it’s worth, I’ve seen a bunch of deals on EBay for m2 under $120 and used RBZ for under $100

I hadn't even looked at the M3 yet. I assumed it would be a bit higher but they aren't too much higher. Have you hit one?
I have not hit one. I've used the search function on the site but I'm not coming up with any results (which is weird because there' usually a review thread for EVERYTHING around here).

I hadn't even looked at the M3 yet. I assumed it would be a bit higher but they aren't too much higher. Have you hit one?

I have. And I have a near mint one out in the garage right now I'll sell you for $170. You can find them all over eBay for that.

I hit the ball really high, so I'm sensitive to clubs that launch just a little higher. They only sold the M3 down to 9.5* and even with the weights forward and a variety of shafts I just launched the bejesus out of it. Plenty good of a club, just not for me.

I have. And I have a near mint one out in the garage right now I'll sell you for $170. You can find them all over eBay for that.

I hit the ball really high, so I'm sensitive to clubs that launch just a little higher. They only sold the M3 down to 9.5* and even with the weights forward and a variety of shafts I just launched the bejesus out of it. Plenty good of a club, just not for me.
Thanks. I'm going to do some more research and probably go hit them but I'll let you know if I decide to go with the M3.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your budget?
Just saw this. Probably about $250. That's not going to get me anything new but I don't play enough to justify spending $400+. I play about 10 times a year. The ebay seller you linked has a lot in that range.

Jersey Boy Greekelite made a nice offer...Take him up....

Cmccray I don't have the RBZ black but I've got the RBZ. I bought it used before the Golfsmith in my city went under. I like it. The sound isn't too loud, it looks good at address, easy to swing, and sends the ball out there. It's better than I am I know that much. I drive the ball max 200 yards if I'm lucky but that's me. Hope that helps.

Back