Martin Ayers-anyone tried his bow/crossbow swing approach?

All4's

Need. More. Eagles.
Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious if anyone has tried Martin Ayers' swing philosophy?

It is incredibly unique and interesting and a guy whose channel I follow on youtube (myswingevolution) was blown away with how original the concepts were. I am really interested to hear anyone's experience.

I've fallen out of touch with Martin but his videos really got me into golf seriously. I've been to a clinic and really enjoyed it. I'd like to go again but I have no idea what he is up to right now.

I recently started watching his youtube videos demonstrating his method. Also watched the two videos by myswingevolution, of his two lessons with Martin. I think I understand the concept and think it works, however, when I actually tried to imitate it on the range, I haven't been very successful. If there is one way I can describe the feeling of the move, it's picking up a bucket full of water in front of you by holding the handle overhand (palm facing you) and lifting it straight up with your right arm essentially ending up in the backswing position (creating the right angle). He has a video on youtube describing this bucket move, but can't seem to find it. Also check out secretinthedirt videos on youtube, specifically the "pasadena clinic"

Yeah I watched the Pasadena clinic as well, plus around a dozen of his other videos like The Wall, etc. and I understand the concepts but have yet to see any real steps or info to indoctrinate it. I wish there was something like S&T had where you build a component at a time working towards the general feeling of the swing.

What he is teaching is really unique and I have only been able to uncover a handful of guys who have tried it and of those nearly all of them say the same thing as you in that they had a tough time implementing it.

So far I have not uncovered anyone who successfully plays the swing besides Elkington, who can swing beautifully with any style swing.

Back