Matrix 6x3 White Tie vs. Miyazaki Kusala White ?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone have any comparisons between the two? I have been fit into both at one point or another, but there's nowhere that I can compare actual numbers with the same head/monitor combination.

I really need to get a new shaft into this Amp Cell, and these two are the leading candidates, I just can't choose between the two.

I am a bit confused by the shafts. Do you mean the Miyazaki Kusala White and the Matrix White Tie? If so, I have both and like both shafts. I play one of them in my driver.

I am a bit confused by the shafts. Do you mean the Miyazaki Kusala White and the Matrix White Tie? If so, I have both and like both shafts. I play one of them in my driver.

Yes, I noticed that I completely jacked up the title right after I hit Post, but couldn't go back and fix it....... It should have just said Kusala White. I had too much going through my head at the time, I guess.

No worries. I fixed it for you. For me they both do similar things. You will get a nice mid-high launch, with lower weight and still keeping the shaft lower spinning (relatively speaking). The reason I prefer the Kusala White is twofold. First, I find the Kusala White to offer a different sensation in the first twenty inches from the butt end of the shaft. Its a softer feel, but still very stable. I can feel the shaft loading and unloading in the swing and it still offers similar feel to the Kusala Blue that I love so much. The White has solid feel, but to me feels a tad bit "rougher" through the hand section. The second reason is that I flat out think the Kusala line of shafts are the best looking I have seen. Call it vain, or simplistic, but if I have two products that accomplish the same thing, I will usually go with the one I like the appearance of better (assuming all other things are the same). But in this case, its really a preference in feel in the hands, because ball flight was similar for me.

I should add that I do get slightly better numbers with the Kusala White, but that is in regards to fitting and not subjective preferences.

I was fit into the the Kusala White in Stiff, but the Matrix White Tie in Regular, tipped 1/2" and experienced similar numbers, even though I couldn't hit them both on the same day, same monitor, etc.

I was leaning towards the Kusala for the same reason as JB, the shaft is just beautiful, I wanted to make sure that my thoughts weren't being swayed by the looks of the Kusala, since I think that in the Blue Amp Cell would be about the best looking driver on earth.

I think you answered your own question. You were fit into both and got similar numbers. Not sure there is anything wrong with choosing the one that looks better in that spot. Now choosing looks over a better fit, not my thing, but in this case its not the issue.

You could also make a THP event and test them both if that helps...But not a ton left this year that have openings outside of the Sarasota Gauntlet.

Back