Mavrik Max weights

Jason Puma Woods

Reaction score
Has anyone changed out the 14g weight for a 16g. I was told putting the 14g weight in by the hosel and the 2g in the back would help with my slice. I’m just curious if I change the 14g to a 16g or 18g it would help eliminate my slice even more. The club has improved my slice some but I thought putting a heavier weight in would improve it even more.

2 grams might not do to much. The main reason for differences at that weigh in my opinion is for swing weight changes

Last edited:
2 grams might not do to much. The main reason for differences at that weigh in my opinion is for swing weight changes
I'm no club guru but I think you are definitely right about that. I have the full weight kit for the my PXG driver and switching out a standard 2.5g weight for a 5g weight makes a great difference in "feel" to me but I see little difference in ball flight characteristics. Whether that little can make a difference is spin numbers you would know better. The kit comes with weights ranging from 5g to 20g in 2.5g intervals and I have not experimented enough to see how much weight it takes to alter ball flight. Any idea?

Back