Review Maxfli Tour Golf Ball

I’ll be picking these up to give them a try. Was about to snag the 5 pack of snells but saw they aren’t in stock yet. Anyone still gaming these?

I’ll be picking these up to give them a try. Was about to snag the 5 pack of snells but saw they aren’t in stock yet. Anyone still gaming these?
I've played the Matte Green several times - They are the "Typical" like ProV1 Knockoff.
I've found them to be a great value at 2 dozen for $55.
I don't think you will be disappointed.

It's been my go-to autumn ball because I find the green is easier to track and locate in the glare and leaves. Honestly, it's good enough that I could play it year-round. For the price, I probably should be.

The 2019 matte green Maxfli Tours are my current gamers - really like them a lot. Looks like there's a white-only 2021 version out now, so if you can still get the 2019's I'd stock up if you can.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who games the Maxfli Tour X and Snell MTB-X. I have a couple dozen of each and can't really decide. The snell gives me a bit more distance I feel on the hybrids through mid irons.

Also occasionally game the Wilson Duo Professional and itching to try the Model.

Local Dicks had a few. 2 for $55

EE5642D8-3A9F-48A1-B053-5E32AA0262A1.jpeg

Local Dicks had a few. 2 for $55

I just stocked up yesterday myself ! I'm afraid it's while supplies last though - once the 2019's are gone, figure only the 2021 version will be available for purchase.

First round in the books and I like everything I saw. I alternated between the tour and the tour X. Really like that Matte Green on the tour. The tour does feel slightly softer. Verdict still out on which one I like more but don’t have a problem gaming either one of these.

A few of difference I noted were: the tour was a little bit longer for me. The Tour X was a little straighter off the tee. Both felt great off the irons. Oh spun plenty around the green. Nothing really zipped back but nothing rolled out either. The Tour was ever so slightly softer off the putter. The cover held up on both balls during the round. For the price so far it seems to be a really good ball. Happy with the purchase.

Do you guys use the line on the tee like they instruct you to?

I do most of the time - I can’t say it really works but it drives my golf buddy crazy so it’s worth it regardless of how it works out;).

Yes, I do, but then I line up my tee shot regardless of the ball I'm playing.

Any compare the 2021 version to the prior version?

I have tried the 2021's - I can't really tell all that much of a difference. I think I prefer the 2019's only because they come in matte green, while the 2021's only come in glossy white.

Sounds like a great ball - it’s interesting, here in the UK, Maxfli’s name is mud. Funny to see people raving about a tour level ball from them. These aren’t available here. Maxfli as a golf ball brand is right down there with Top Flite & Co...

That's the way I always thought of Maxfli as a brand, but then I read a review of the Maxfli Tour and was intrigued so I decided to give it a try. Wow, what a great ball at a great price. I've tried just about every ball known to mankind... kidding of course... but seriously, I'm kind of a ball aficionado and done a lot of testing and trying and the Maxfli Tour had a medium compression (in the 70's I think), good spin (stops on the green), and is as long as any ball I've tried. I mean why pay for ProV1 when you can get the same performance for half the price.

Recently tried the e12 Contact from Bridgestone and it's right up there with Maxfli Tour at about the same price... still trying to decide if the e12 Contact should be my gamer. A little more testing required.

Pick up the 21’ Tour and Tour X to compare

BTW - I see that DSG has the new Maxfil in Gloss White 2 for $60.

BTW - I see that DSG has the new Maxfil in Gloss White 2 for $60.
Darn.. not a bad deal since they were selling the 2019 ones 2 for $55. Has anyone played the new ones? How do they compare to the previous ones?

Darn.. not a bad deal since they were selling the 2019 ones 2 for $55. Has anyone played the new ones? How do they compare to the previous ones?

I have the 19 and 21 versions. I will be doing some testing!!

Just did a head to head-side by side with the 19' versions. Played 12 holes taking 2 shots each hole using both the tour and tour x. To be honest not much difference in them. The Tour felt ever so slightly softer of all clubs including the putter, but if i didn't have them side by side i probably wouldn't have even noticed. I did pull out a TP5 from the bag and there was a clear difference there in feel. The TP5 was substantially softer than either of these. The Maxfli were also louder/clickier on impact. But again if i didn't have the TP5 i would've never noticed. Performance wise not much in it between the 3 balls. For the price the MaxFli is excellent so far. If i am picking one, slight edge to the Tour for me but happy to play both really. Next up..19' and 21' version test tomorrow

Anyone want my stock of 2019’s? These 21’s are the real deal! 😂

Anyone want my stock of 2019’s? These 21’s are the real deal! 😂
Interested to read why you think the 21's are better than the 19's

Back