McDonald's Chicken Sandwich

rozo22

Reaction score
Handicap
I looked for a thread and couldn't find one to this, so starting one. I tried their new McDonald's chicken sandwich last night and I think it could be the best thing on their menu. I have to say I was surprised by it as I had a very low expectation based on their previous chicken sandwiches. I tried the regular as I only like the spicy sandwiches with the seasoning in the batter (Wendy's & CFA). Good flavor, crunchy, uses different pickles (better) than on the hamburgers, good bun. Solid. It's not my favorite one, but definitely sneaky good and a close competitor.

I agree. I had the "spicy" version Wednesday night. It's the same sammich, but with a spicy sauce. I was a bit disappointed with the sauce - too much heat, not enough flavor - but the chicken itself was surprisingly impressive.

Ooh, looking forward to trying that out.

I agree. I had the "spicy" version Wednesday night. It's the same sammich, but with a spicy sauce. I was a bit disappointed with the sauce - too much heat, not enough flavor - but the chicken itself was surprisingly impressive.
I agree, I was waiting for the heat. It never came..

i was thinking of grabbing one from chik fila, wendys and mcdonalds and doing a little taste test. should i throw in the new kfc sammie as well?

i was thinking of grabbing one from chik fila, wendys and mcdonalds and doing a little taste test. should i throw in the new kfc sammie as well?

For sure! Don't forget Popeye's if you can!

I also think it’s pretty great! Not CFA or Popeyes but since we don’t have either of those in my home town, the McDonald’s one is a great alternative!

Best chicken sandwhich. Burger king original chicken..

It is kinda like the Jack in the box tacos. You know they are low quality but you love them regardless. lol.

Speaking of that. I may get some Tacos for lunch. I have 3 bucks in my pocket..

Funny how they even wrap them like CFA. They are a solid option, just need to figure out a decent dipping sauce.

Popeyes > ChikFilet > McDs

Any chicken sandwich taste test must include Popeye's. Unless you are just testing for 2nd place. Zaxby's and KFC have new ones also. Everybody is trying to get a piece of the Popeye's pie.

I guess maybe it’s time to try out McDonald’s again. I think Wendy’s has the best chicken sandwich in my he fast food area.

Had the spicy a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't even feed one to my dog. It was exceptionally mediocre.

Any chicken sandwich taste test must include Popeye's. Unless you are just testing for 2nd place. Zaxby's and KFC have new ones also. Everybody is trying to get a piece of the Popeye's pie.

Not really an abundance of Popeyes in my area. There may be 2 or 3 and 1 is at a mall that I wouldn't be going to. The nearest Chick Fil A (other than at the airport) is hundreds of miles away. Zaxby's I only know exist because of travels throughout the Southeast. A good chicken sandwich is somewhat hard to find.

Not really an abundance of Popeyes in my area. There may be 2 or 3 and 1 is at a mall that I wouldn't be going to. The nearest Chick Fil A (other than at the airport) is hundreds of miles away. Zaxby's I only know exist because of travels throughout the Southeast. A good chicken sandwich is somewhat hard to find.

Chick Fil A is at the bottom of my list so I would have no problem with my nearest being hundreds of miles away. Fast food is king in the south so we have them all within 3 or 4 miles from our house even though the population around here is only about 18k.

I'm in agreement with the Popeyes crowd. There used to be a chain restaurant called Max and Erma's and they had a killer spicy chicken sammie. Don't know if they're still around but it was a good one. Other than fries I haven't had anything from McD's in a while. I think I'll make the trip.

Last edited:
We just tried the McD's spicy and regular sandwiches. Ok, but not sure I need to try one again

McDonald's can make some inroads with this thing. I was in Charleston yesterday and the drive thru line at two different Chik Fil-As were really long. I drove by a few McDonalds and never gave their new sammie a thought. I will next time. In this part of the South Zaxby's just brought out a chicken sammie too. Their other stuff is good

Back