Member-Guest coming up this weekend

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It will be an interesting format. 15 flights. 5 best ball 9 hole matches over 2 days with points earned for winning or tying a hole. The team in each flight with the most points play an additional 9 hole shootout. We will be using both courses over the two days. Handicaps are used to create the flights and then within the flight strokes including half strokes are given when team handicaps vary. Payouts go to the 15 teams in the shootout. It is our biggest event of the year.

Sounds very similar to what my Dad's club does. It's a fun way to do it and the shootout is always a riot.

Those are fun - good luck!

Exactly what both of my clubs do.
Play well, early & often.

This is how our format was this last year. The fun thing is you get to play with every group in your flight. I had one year during covid where we had a shorter two day member guest. We played the practice round and first round with the same group. We ended up having the same score and played with them the 2nd day. They were good to play with but part of the experience is meeting and playing the other guys. We have a Calcutta for ours and the smaller flights means more chance to win something but you can't win as much.

Exactly what both of my clubs do.
Play well, early & often.
I've heard about the shootout at UTGC. It sounds like a blast.

Good luck, especially in June. That is uh, warm.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpeg
    IMG_0595.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I like that format a lot because you get to meet everyone in your flight. The downside is if someone is hot for 9 holes you don't get to be there for when they return to the norm.

I hope the weather is good. Have fun.

We have a calcutta auction tomorrow night. Plus, we can choose to buy half of our team for $400 prior to the auction. So, potentially, a lot of money at stake.

It will be an interesting format. 15 flights. 5 best ball 9 hole matches over 2 days with points earned for winning or tying a hole. The team in each flight with the most points play an additional 9 hole shootout. We will be using both courses over the two days. Handicaps are used to create the flights and then within the flight strokes including half strokes are given when team handicaps vary. Payouts go to the 15 teams in the shootout. It is our biggest event of the year.
What is your partner's handicap index? The best teams have a sizable spread between their playing handicaps. Typically, the club will limit the spread to no more than 10 strokes.

Best of luck on making the shoot out.

What is your partner's handicap index? The best teams have a sizable spread between their playing handicaps. Typically, the club will limit the spread to no more than 10 strokes.

Best of luck on making the shoot out.
I am a 7.6 and he is a 3.1.

Back