I ordered 2 dozen, and I love 'em.
At $20/dozen, I'd much rather play these than the Chrome Soft's or Pro V1's that I've played.

Like someone stated earlier I like playing a unique ball anyways.

I'm pretty sure these are no longer the Hogan balls anymore. From reading other reports, no one knows what ball it actually is anymore, but it's no longer the old Hogan balls based upon an examination of the dimples I believe.

Out of curiosity, could a 14-15 handicap golfer like myself even really benefit from playing a Pro V1?
It seems like for most guys like myself, it's kind of wishful thinking.

I'm going to do an experiment and somehow disguise the 2 balls and see how often I can accurately confirm which ball I just hit.

I was on the fence about either simply getting this thread going again, or starting a new one, and since my questions lie solely related to this golf ball, I'll just renew this one and see where this goes.

I've played this ball on and off for a year or so and have no complaints. I mean, it's a ProV1 knock off for $20 a dozen, and I can't honestly tell the difference between the two when playing them.

But my further questions arise from why MGGolf Tour C4 is never listed in any of the golf magazines when listing golf balls, and it's never discussed in raves like the Kirkland Signature golf ball that is currently causing lawsuits with Acushnet and Costco, not to mention a ton of buzz in the golf industry.

I even see cheaper Tour caliber balls being reviewed elsewhere and they don't even list the MGGolf Tour C4.

So what gives? Is this a legitimate branded ball, or is this guy cloning something else and putting his label on it? I mean, his gloves are dirt cheap, this ball is dirt cheap, he's got a lazer range finder that I have used for about a year that is dirt cheap (and great btw) and no one seems to want to talk about this brand. Why is that?

I'm seriously trying to find a reason why no one is going nuts to buy this guy's ball, when everyone is bending over backwards here, there, and everywhere to buy the Kirkland Signature ball, but no one talks about this ball when it's essentially the same sort of price point for a Urethane cover 3-piece tour caliber ball.

So can someone help out my ignorance here? What am I missing with regards to MG Golf and their product line, and why no buzz at all?

I had never even heard of this company until this post. I've played Vice and Snell MTB so far this year and have Q star tours coming wednesday to hopefully try this weekend. Guess looking for a new (cheaper) favorite ball is my thing this year as I bought a new driver and CPO hybo a couple of weeks ago and definitely can't afford any other club purchases. The best ball (for my game) at the cheapest price point is what I'm after. Will likely try these...thanks for shedding light on them.

I have used their gloves for many years and they are just as good as any of the higher priced gloves that I have tried. I have never tried their ball buy may give it a shot.

Anyone try the MG Senior ball? It's non conforming so let's get that out of the way first. But I'm curious if it really adds 10-20 yds like they claim for people who drive the ball under 250 yds. I've read one user review on another forum whose review seem to support their claims. But looking for more feedback.

I have used their gloves for many years and they are just as good as any of the higher priced gloves that I have tried. I have never tried their ball buy may give it a shot.

I'm super picky about gloves and their elite glove is the equal of the Titleist Professional. I just ordered another 15 of those which should last me 90 days.

I'm super picky about gloves and their elite glove is the equal of the Titleist Professional. I just ordered another 15 of those which should last me 90 days.

15 gloves only last you 90 days??? How often do you play?

I was on the fence about either simply getting this thread going again, or starting a new one, and since my questions lie solely related to this golf ball, I'll just renew this one and see where this goes.

I've played this ball on and off for a year or so and have no complaints. I mean, it's a ProV1 knock off for $20 a dozen, and I can't honestly tell the difference between the two when playing them.

But my further questions arise from why MGGolf Tour C4 is never listed in any of the golf magazines when listing golf balls, and it's never discussed in raves like the Kirkland Signature golf ball that is currently causing lawsuits with Acushnet and Costco, not to mention a ton of buzz in the golf industry.

I even see cheaper Tour caliber balls being reviewed elsewhere and they don't even list the MGGolf Tour C4.

So what gives? Is this a legitimate branded ball, or is this guy cloning something else and putting his label on it? I mean, his gloves are dirt cheap, this ball is dirt cheap, he's got a lazer range finder that I have used for about a year that is dirt cheap (and great btw) and no one seems to want to talk about this brand. Why is that?

I'm seriously trying to find a reason why no one is going nuts to buy this guy's ball, when everyone is bending over backwards here, there, and everywhere to buy the Kirkland Signature ball, but no one talks about this ball when it's essentially the same sort of price point for a Urethane cover 3-piece tour caliber ball.

So can someone help out my ignorance here? What am I missing with regards to MG Golf and their product line, and why no buzz at all?

I heard, and it may have been mentioned already in this thread, the MG balls are rebranded Tommy Armour balls.
It you have the 2 balls side by side the dimple patterns are identical.
I usually play the MG ball in the late fall when the leaves are everywhere or early spring when conditions are messy. They are a good inexpensive ball and I don't feel bad when I loose one in these conditions.

I heard, and it may have been mentioned already in this thread, the MG balls are rebranded Tommy Armour balls.
It you have the 2 balls side by side the dimple patterns are identical.
I usually play the MG ball in the late fall when the leaves are everywhere or early spring when conditions are messy. They are a good inexpensive ball and I don't feel bad when I loose one in these conditions.

I appreciate the feedback. I did check the USGA conforming ball list, and they do list the MG Golf Tour C4, so there is that for you.

Back