IMG_1045.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_1046.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_1047.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_1048.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Buying a new bag can get overwhelming, and for most people it really comes down to what you need vs what you want.

In my case, I was using an old Ogio Edge that's taken great care of me except it weighed about 9 pounds. It looked great in a cart, had all the trimmings, but was rough to carry 18.

Since I found myself walking more and more, I looked into other, "lighter" options.

Here was my list in order: comfortable to carry, easy on the eyes, had required functions (drink holder, etc), wouldn't "date" itself (think "R7" bags in 2011).

I thought the Titleist bags were the best looking, but the rep at my local golf store told me their bags were actually made by Sun Mountain.

I'm new to Sun Mountain and frankly, I wasn't crazy about the brand from a "status" perspective. But, I decided I liked the straps a bit better and settled on the four 5.

Folks...its a great bag. I loved my Ogio, so the bar was set high. This four 5 bag looks great in person and is a worthy successor.

First and foremost...it's LIGHT (under 5 pounds empty)! Oh man, no more aches by hole 14! Straps are so thick and soft (ventilated too), its great on the back.

The stand REALLY works. You know how annoying it is to get a bag where the stand doesn't deploy all the way, or the legs get stuck, or bent...etc, etc. No problems here...the stand is well built and sturdy.

Pockets are plentiful and well placed (although I do miss my Zip-pocket on the Ogio). I have all my tools, rain jackets, etc in there without a problem.

Has the requisite drink holder, but wish it had more insulation (it's more of a sleeve than a beer coosy holder like my Ogio had). Fits medium-sized 32oz Gatorades too...so lots of room there.

The 14 individual club dividers were a bit weird to get used to. I'm more of a 6-way divider guy, but the 14-way divider does keep all your clubs separate and its easy to know where each club is (or what's missing). Clubs never clank anymore when I walk.

I had to load my bag long-irons on the bottom, wedges on top to make the clubs more accessible. This made it easier and I quickly got used to it.

SUMMARY: I'm so glad I made the switch. It's a great looking bag that feels excellent on the back, doesn't make me sweat and the stand works great. No more post-round aches after walking.

Lot of bag for the money, and definitely worth checking out. Thanks for reading.

Great Read and review. Wish I had seen this last year...lol. I brought the Ogio Grom last year. I had a hard time deciding between the this and the Ogio. I agree the Sun Mountain is much lighter. This is a very nice bag.

thanks for the review. I am looking for a new bag. ill give this a look.

I hear you on the Grom too, in fact that was a bag I was also considering.

I think if you use carts for the majority of your play, Ogio has some of the best bags out there. But the nice trimmings have a cost: weight.

Whatever bag you get, it's also worth noting to resize the straps. I followed Sun Mountains directions on where to hang the bag and how to maintain the correct bag angle.

I think that's half the battle to reducing fatigue and injury.

Thanks for a really good review! I have the Sun Mountain C130 bag on order and have a pic of it in the "What did you buy today" thread.

Great review! Almost picked this bag up several times as I'm looking for a stand bag for quick rounds or when it gets really wet and I don't want to bring the Speed Cart out. Def. will look again at this bag.

One last thing to note: if you're a "mudder" (love playing in the rain)...this bag is great.

My old bag had a bit more "fabric", so once it got soaked you really needed to remove clubs and air it out. If I didn't, it began to smell a bit musty (that's a generous term).

I'm currently living in Seattle so I'm playing in the rain quite a bit...and this bag dries quickly. I don't know how else to say it, but it doesn't retain water like my old bag ;)

God that sounds bad.

I have a Four 5 and love it, though I usually use a push cart.

I went away from Ogio because I have never seen a zipper-less ball pocket line up correctly, they are always cocked off center at the golf shops. If they went to zipper I probably still would have one, but the Four 5 is an excellent bag as well.

Back