I owned 4 mini vans (plus used to have one as a work vehicle). We had Dodge Grand Caravans and put over 200K miles on each of them (Kids in travel sports will do that). Other than general maintenance, didn't have any big issues with any of them. I know the stigma that comes with a mini van, but the functionality outweighs any of that. Now the kids have gotten older and we have moved on from the van. We did rent a Pacifica last year for vacation and I liked they way it rode. My wife didn't care for the seat (because she couldn't get comfortable sleeping on the ride), but other than that it was enjoyable.
On that note, my sister has owned 2 Honda Odyssey's and will swear by them. She has not had any of the electrical issues (thankfully).

Good luck!

My sister just traded in her 2012 Town & Country after it crossed 200k miles. She loved that thing. Many trips to Florida with her gang of 5. My parents have one a well and like it. Not my style but the fuel mileage certainly beat my Expedition and now F150...

Sounds like either Pacifica or Odyssey will be a good choice. I like my Sienna, but I'm not crazy about its acceleration from stops - it always seems to hesitate.

And like Jman, I use mine to haul lumber too! Great for golf trips as well!

I haven't owned a minivan in many many years so the only comment I can add is that my sister owns a newer Pacifica and loves it. FWIW.

We’ve taken the Pacifica on a few long journeys ( the kind where we aren’t stopping for anything short of emergencies so use the bathroom now ). It passed with flying colors. The comfort for everyone was amazing.

We are going to go the Odyssey route. Going Monday to a dealer to see if numbers work but they have a 2022 that should be here early Feb that we are looking to get. Appreciate all the responses!

Back