Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

I have an open spot for Trapper's Turn in Wisconsin Dells on Monday at 10:40am if a THPer is free and looking to play.
We are scheduled for the Arbor-Lake routing, and the fall colors should be looking really good.

Trappers Turn

It's currently me, my son, and a friend from my home club.
Come along and round out our 4-some!

View attachment 9210876
I Really like the Arbor and Lake 9s, except 8 on the lake !!

Have fun!!

I have an open spot for Trapper's Turn in Wisconsin Dells on Monday at 10:40am if a THPer is free and looking to play.
We are scheduled for the Arbor-Lake routing, and the fall colors should be looking really good.

Trappers Turn

It's currently me, my son, and a friend from my home club.
Come along and round out our 4-some!

View attachment 9210876
Wish I could get off work, I would join you. Play well!

Wish I could get off work, I would join you. Play well!

Work is over-rated!

I've got a day playing hookey from work due to school being off for the day for my son.
It's not like a really need a reason to golf, but when one lands in my lands in my lap I take it!

Angry Fed Up GIF

Work is over-rated!

I've got a day playing hookey from work due to school being off for the day for my son.
It's not like a really need a reason to golf, but when one lands in my lands in my lap I take it!

Angry Fed Up GIF
Im actually taking off Wednesday to go to Glen Erin. Have a group golf to use up.

I'm traveling to NW Minnesota for hunting next Thursday, 11/02, and would love to split up the drive with a round of golf.
so...Eau Claire, Hudson, Twin Cities, St. Cloud, Motley, Park Rapids.

the nights will be frosty next week, and daytimes in the 40s...will any courses be open mid-day?
anyone want to try for a chilly round of golf? we can can wear baseball hats with beanies over the top.

I think I forgot to come back in here post Labor day trip to MN.

Headwaters golf club in Park Rapids was awesome. Played with my dad and really enjoyed the course. Cool elevation and great conditions.

2nd round was at Minnesota National in McGreggor. Good conditions, didnt love the layout, a little tricked out.

I think I forgot to come back in here post Labor day trip to MN.

Headwaters golf club in Park Rapids was awesome. Played with my dad and really enjoyed the course. Cool elevation and great conditions.

2nd round was at Minnesota National in McGreggor. Good conditions, didnt love the layout, a little tricked out.
Haven't played the course in Park Rapids but have played Minnesota National and enjoyed it but there are a couple holes that are a little wonky.

I'm traveling to NW Minnesota for hunting next Thursday, 11/02, and would love to split up the drive with a round of golf.

the nights will be frosty next week, and daytimes in the 40s...will any courses be open mid-day?
anyone want to try for a chilly round of golf? we can can wear baseball hats with beanies over the top.

Not sure with all the wet weather what may be open plus the cold weather coming. I was up in northern Minnesota last week and a lot of the nicer bigger courses were not open but smaller ones were but most were saying it was their last week/weekend depending on weather. I can't make a Thursday round work unfortunately but hope you find something open.

Not sure with all the wet weather what may be open plus the cold weather coming. I was up in northern Minnesota last week and a lot of the nicer bigger courses were not open but smaller ones were but most were saying it was their last week/weekend depending on weather. I can't make a Thursday round work unfortunately but hope you find something open.
Yep weather took a hard turn today. Was hoping to get a round in this weekend but most courses have shut it down. Unfortunately not looking good for any late fall rounds 😞

Winter is certainly here and it arrived a bit early.

I just signed up for with a new snow removal company for my driveway and front walk that charges by the snowfall. Let's hope we don't have 21 snowfalls over 1" like we did last year. On an average winter it's 11 snowfall over 1".

1-4" $80
4-8" $127
8" or more $170

Weather is going to be nice Sunday and get to tee it up for probably the last outdoors round with the Morgan Cup MVP @Wonger Haven't swung a club in a few weeks due to working on the garage insulation for the simulator this winter so should be interesting. Hope others in the area can make it out with the warmer weather.

Weather is going to be nice Sunday and get to tee it up for probably the last outdoors round with the Morgan Cup MVP @Wonger Haven't swung a club in a few weeks due to working on the garage insulation for the simulator this winter so should be interesting. Hope others in the area can make it out with the warmer weather.
Mother nature just teasing us with possibly one more weekend. Just hold on.

Any chance you will be on your way back on Sunday and can/want to stop to swing the sticks?

Have fun today @Wonger and @djt311
Thanks @djt311 for getting in one last round up here. The clouds and breeze made it feel colder than the 50’s temps. Not sure how folks are willing to brave colder temps to keep playing but keep heading out there if you can handle it!

The kitchen is in full Holiday mode for a work Christmas party that my older daughter has on Friday. She's on a mission to get 16 dozen cookies made tonight and I've helped out by eating about 15 of the "mistakes". I have more work to do with those brown ones. 😋

Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 8.34.27 PM.png

The kitchen is in full Holiday mode for a work Christmas party that my older daughter has on Friday. She's on a mission to get 16 dozen cookies made tonight and I've helped out by eating about 15 of the "mistakes". I have more work to do with those brown ones. 😋

View attachment 9225173
Love it!

Any of the Minny folks been to Golfzone in Chanhassan? Not many places around here like this other than Braemar dome because you actually get to see your ball flight vs hitting into a screen. But you get the benefits of top tracer tech. Looks more appealing to me than topgolf.

Any of the Minny folks been to Golfzone in Chanhassan? Not many places around here like this other than Braemar dome because you actually get to see your ball flight vs hitting into a screen. But you get the benefits of top tracer tech. Looks more appealing to me than topgolf.

I have been to Braemar several times and enjoy it more than hitting into a screen on a regular simulator. It can get busy even during the week, but it’s a nice option and the tech seems to be as good as any.

I haven't been to here yet but same tech as Braemar golf dome but you will see whole ball flight which is great. Definitely would do this over Topgolf

Several course and some driving ranges have been opened and opening up this weekend. Pretty crazy for Minnesota in January and February.

Anyone in Minnesota part of the public country club membership. I have thought about signing up before but now have the official email to do so and pondering. You pay $70 a month and basically have access to 150 courses with designated tier levels some have no fees at all to golf at all if walking and a fee for carts. The higher tier courses do have a surcharge but it includes a cart. There are some time restrictions but don't think it would be that big of an issue for me for when I golf. Looking to see if others have joined and if you liked it or not.

1707323870400.png

Couple ropes showed up today!
IMG_2066.jpeg

Back