Miyazaki C. Kua Iron Shafts

When I had the opportunity to play these, I had no issue with the stock C. Kuas, and I was coming from the 2.0s as well. I transitioned to these with no issue at all, actually hit these much better than the 2.0s.

This is awesome to hear. I wish the local shops would stock these in LH. Dirves me crazy.

Oh they are on the short list. Either these or the KBS will be in my irons. Still haven't found a place to try the Miya's yet though, only reg flex in my neck of the woods.

I bet that Yorkem guy would like some sweet graphite shafts.

I tried the reg flex (in the CG Black irons) and that is how I knew I would like the shafts. I then ordered one to test things with and literally fell in love after the first shot when I put the shot to 2 feet from 180 out.

Now that spring seems to have sprung in mighty Iowa I had the chance to get to the range again. I can't say enough good things about these shafts for my swing. There was a 5-10 mph breeze blowing from the left and when hitting these irons they just held their line against the wind. I don't know if that means they are putting less spin on the ball or what, and quite frankly don't care. What I care about is the dart like shots I was hitting. The public courses are opening today in town so I'm gonna get these out in real conditions and can't wait to see how they perform on a course so I can see how they compare with the old steel ones. I also noticed the day after the range that I didn't have the normal stiffness in my elbows, etc.

Now that spring seems to have sprung in mighty Iowa I had the chance to get to the range again. I can't say enough good things about these shafts for my swing. There was a 5-10 mph breeze blowing from the left and when hitting these irons they just held their line against the wind. I don't know if that means they are putting less spin on the ball or what, and quite frankly don't care. What I care about is the dart like shots I was hitting. The public courses are opening today in town so I'm gonna get these out in real conditions and can't wait to see how they perform on a course so I can see how they compare with the old steel ones. I also noticed the day after the range that I didn't have the normal stiffness in my elbows, etc.

You read my mind on this thread. I was just about to come in here!! Someone wanted to buyt hese from me and I had to politely decline. They are that good. He was definitely a faster swing and just loved the same things you mentioned. Will look forward to hearing your experiences when you get them out the course dude.

I've now had a chance to play this iron/shaft combo now for 4 rounds plus about 8 trips to the practice range. They perform wonderfully in real life. Yardages are looking at being the very same for all of the irons as the stock factory shafts which is fine by me. What I like is the trajectory and how they hold the line against a wind regardless of the direction it's blowing. The added trajectory is also meaning my shots are stopping on dimes instead of rolling 4-5 foot like they used to. And I've been able to put my 5-iron back in the bag and take out a hybrid. With these shafts I hit my 5-iron every bit as high and soft as the Mashie M5 I was using.

I've now had a chance to play this iron/shaft combo now for 4 rounds plus about 8 trips to the practice range. They perform wonderfully in real life. Yardages are looking at being the very same for all of the irons as the stock factory shafts which is fine by me. What I like is the trajectory and how they hold the line against a wind regardless of the direction it's blowing. The added trajectory is also meaning my shots are stopping on dimes instead of rolling 4-5 foot like they used to. And I've been able to put my 5-iron back in the bag and take out a hybrid. With these shafts I hit my 5-iron every bit as high and soft as the Mashie M5 I was using.

How do you like the graphite in your wedges. Is it like some of the steel offerings like the spinner shaft and hi-rev shaft where it is designed for the wedges or is it the same as your 5 iron shaft.

I like them a lot. They are designed for wedges and are slightly different from the iron shafts. I've never hit the spinner or hi-rev shafts to be able to compare them. I just know they get much higher but travel at least the same distance as before. And they hold the line.

Been playing these shafts for awhile now and thought I'd give you an update. For the last few weeks things were getting loose with the irons and I was getting some odd results out of the irons. After playing them for awhile and getting my normal swing together as I got more rounds under my belt, I felt like the consistency I'd seen earlier was lacking. My guess is I started to make a more aggressive move with them as I adapted. So I took them to the golf shop to check the swingweight. I never bothered checking when I had them installed - because I'm not very bright. Turns out they were coming in at a C8. Thinking that could explain my seeming inability to control the club and keep from coming a bit over the top, I had them put those really light Golf Pride grips on that weigh 25 grams to replace my old 50 gram grips. Golf Pride says the grips will increase swing weight 4-5 points. Well, my irons went from a C8 to a D5, which is obviously 7 points. Since the 2.0 irons spec at a D3.5 I thought that was close enough. Took them to the range and it is a definite improvement. I feel like I know where the head is and think the weighting helped fight the over the top move. Needless to say, my dispersion tightened up right away. Will see over the weekend when I get some rounds in with them.

Man oh man. You guys have got me jonesing to try out a Miyazaki shaft for my 2.0s! I just contacted Blind9 to get a quote on one shaft to try. I really hate reading all these great reviews! It ALWAYS winds up costing me $$$$$$!!:alien:

Back