For Sale Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 5-PW, JPX 919 GW & SW

Hacker Rod

Albatross 2023 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You betcha
Looking for a loving home ... Exceptionally clean Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal irons in very good condition. 8-piece set includes JPX 919 Hot Metal 5-iron through Pitching Wedge, plus the JPX 919 Gap Wedge and Sand Wedge. Clubs have standard lofts, 1-degree upright lie angles. Graphite shafts are Stiff flex Project X LZ Tour 90g, 1/4" shorter than standard. Recently installed MCC Plus 4 Align grips from Golf Pride are like new. $600 shipped Continental US only. PayPal only.

IMG_3286.jpg
IMG_3258.jpg
IMG_3259.jpg
IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg
IMG_3254.jpg
IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg
IMG_3253.jpg

I’ve been hunting a set of JPX921 Forged, these are beauties. GLWS!!

These are beautiful

Interested. How do the graphite shafts compare to the regular Project X?

Interested. How do the graphite shafts compare to the regular Project X?

I've never played Project X LZ in steel, so other than the graphite being lighter, I can't really say from personal experience. That said, if Plugged In Golf is to be believed, the graphite is a bit "smoother". Brief review here.

Beautiful set. GLWS

I've never played Project X LZ in steel, so other than the graphite being lighter, I can't really say from personal experience. That said, if Plugged In Golf is to be believed, the graphite is a bit "smoother". Brief review here.
I've never played graphite in irons besides a Utility. The 5.5 flex size would probably be perfect. Does the weight in graphites work like steel as far as 90g seems "heavy" for graphite, similar to an S300 or PX 6.0 is beaver than an 85g steel. Everything else about them is right what I need.

These are gorgeous. Could have interest depending on how my fitting goes Friday.

I've never played graphite in irons besides a Utility. The 5.5 flex size would probably be perfect. Does the weight in graphites work like steel as far as 90g seems "heavy" for graphite, similar to an S300 or PX 6.0 is beaver than an 85g steel. Everything else about them is right what I need.

I'm not really sure how to answer. I'm thinking somebody used to a lighter graphite shaft would probably find these a little heavy feeling. My previous irons had even lighter graphite shafts, so the JPX's initially felt very heavy to me. I adapted very quickly. Now they feel light compared to my new steel-shafted irons. I could be misremembering, but I believe @Desmond had some Mizunos with these graphite Loading Zone shafts. If correct, I'm sure he could give you much better, more experienced feedback.

I'm not really sure how to answer. I'm thinking somebody used to a lighter graphite shaft would probably find these a little heavy feeling. My previous irons had even lighter graphite shafts, so the JPX's initially felt very heavy to me. I adapted very quickly. Now they feel light compared to my new steel-shafted irons. I could be misremembering, but I believe @Desmond had some Mizunos with these graphite Loading Zone shafts. If correct, I'm sure he could give you much better, more experienced feedback.

I did have a set with 919F LZ 90 6.0 soft-stepped. I remember shopping for those shafts later and seeing a $640 price tag for the shafts alone. If you have the speed for the 6.0, I liked these shafts. I play Recoil 95 and MMT 85 now. But these are smooth, accurate, and I got more out of them on the course than I thought I would.

Mods can lock this thread. Thanks!

Back